Infringement on TachoMaster

Hi guys can someone advise me please?
On Friday I worked 10.21 hours (work 6.49 drive 3.32) on TachoMaster i see an infringement (insufficient break 45 minutes) that I should take after 9 hours.
Question: On Monday after my weekly rest when I start work I will do manual entry and obviously 45 min break I’ll add to Friday.
Infringement will disappear from TachoMaster?

From the limited info it says to me you’ve worked 10.21 without any break whatsoever?

You haven’t done enough driving to warrant a driving break of 45 minutes but you’ve gone over WTD by some margin. You needed a break six hours into your shift of 15 mins and another break of 15 mins nine hours into your shift (or 30 mins at six hours like some have been told us the way to do it).

Adding a break in at the end wont resolve that, and also remember you cannot finish on a break so youd have to put a 45 minute break in and another few minutes of other work after the break to make it stick.

toonsy:
From the limited info it says to me you’ve worked 10.21 without any break whatsoever?

You haven’t done enough driving to warrant a driving break of 45 minutes but you’ve gone over WTD by some margin. You needed a break six hours into your shift of 15 mins and another break of 15 mins nine hours into your shift (or 30 mins at six hours like some have been told us the way to do it).

Adding a break in at the end wont resolve that, and also remember you cannot finish on a break so youd have to put a 45 minute break in and another few minutes of other work after the break to make it stick.

I did 15 min in 6 hours.
15 min between 6 and 9 hours
infringement is after 9 hours,cause a started my daily rest without 45 min after 9 hours work.

vitalie:

toonsy:

I did 15 min in 6 hours.
infringement is after 9 hours,cause a started my daily rest without 45 min after 9 hours work.

Then youd need to show another 15 mins as a manual entry and then some other work even for a few minutes after that additional 15 minute break.

toonsy:

vitalie:

toonsy:

I did 15 min in 6 hours.

Then youd need to show another 15 mins as a manual entry and then some other work even for a few minutes after that additional 15 minute break.

Ok Thank you.I got it.
What do you think it will disappear from the TachoMaster APP?

vitalie:

toonsy:

vitalie:

toonsy:

I did 15 min in 6 hours.

Ok Thank you.I got it.
What do you think it will disappear from the TachoMaster APP?

I couldnt answer that mate as I dont use it. I couldnt even tell you what software my lot use :laughing:

You can’t make the infringement disappear retrospectively, learn from it, move on and don’t sweat it. No action will be taken as it was a WTD as opposed to a driving infringement, so just bear it in mind in future.

vitalie:
On Friday I worked 10.21 hours (work 6.49 drive 3.32) on TachoMaster i see an infringement (insufficient break 45 minutes) that I should take after 9 hours.
Question: On Monday after my weekly rest when I start work I will do manual entry and obviously 45 min break I’ll add to Friday.

I think you’ve misunderstood the infringement, assuming you never did 4.5 hours driving it’s an infringement for not having a total of 45 minutes break when you’ve done a total of more than 9 hours working time.

Assuming Friday was your last shift before the weekly rest period you can do a manual entry for the end of Fridays shift, as has been said, you say you had a total of 30 minutes break so manually enter 15 minutes break followed by a few minutes work for the end of Fridays shift and the infringement should go away next time you download your driver card.

tachograph:

vitalie:

I think you’ve misunderstood the infringement, assuming you never did 4.5 hours driving it’s an infringement for not having a total of 45 minutes break when you’ve done a total of more than 9 hours working time.

Assuming Friday was your last shift before the weekly rest period you can do a manual entry for the end of Fridays shift, as has been said, you say you had a total of 30 minutes break so manually enter 15 minutes break followed by a few minutes work for the end of Fridays shift and the infringement should go away next time you download your driver card.

Thank you for your answer everything it’s clear.I hope the infringement will go away after manual entry.
Just one thing I am legal if I will do so:
-up to 5.59 hours 15 minutes break?
-up to 8.59 hours 15 min break?
-more than 9 hours 15 min break?
Cause I was thinking that after 9 hours I should take 45 min break.
Thank you.

I’m gonna guess…

You haven’t been doing this long.

For crissakes don’t try and max all yours hours out. Take breaks whenever you need them not when your told you can have them.

Even the slaves in Sports Direct warehouses get more breaks than you took in that shift.

vitalie:
Thank you.

You do not always need a 15 minute break before going over 9 hours working time.

Lets say your total working time is going to be 13 hours and you will not do 4.5 hours driving.
You need a total of 45 minute break which can be taken in segments of 15 minutes or more.

The 45 minutes break can be taken at anytime as long as you do not go over 6 hours working time without having a 15 minute break.
For instance you could work 5 hours then have a 15 minute break, you could then work another 6 hours before needing another 15 minute break, that would mean you’d been at work for 11 hours and 15 minutes before legally needing the second 15 minute break.
In this case you would need another 15 minute break before the end of the shift (45 minutes break required for a shift of over 9 hours working time) and that break would need to be followed by a few minutes other work because WTD breaks cannot be taken at the immediate start or end of shift.

The point is that as long as you do not go over 6 hours working time without a break you can have them at anytime, you always need a 15 minute break no later than 6 hours from the end of the previous break.

Before anyone says it I’m not suggesting that anyone should work over 11 hours with only a 15 minute break I’m just pointing out what the law says :slight_smile:

tachograph:

vitalie:
Thank you.

You do not always need a 15 minute break before going over 9 hours working time.

Lets say your total working time is going to be 13 hours and you will not do 4.5 hours driving.
You need a total of 45 minute break which can be taken in segments of 15 minutes or more.

The 45 minutes break can be taken at anytime as long as you do not go over 6 hours working time without having a 15 minute break.
For instance you could work 5 hours then have a 15 minute break, you could then work another 6 hours before needing another 15 minute break, that would mean you’d been at work for 11 hours and 15 minutes before legally needing the second 15 minute break.
In this case you would need another 15 minute break before the end of the shift (45 minutes break required for a shift of over 9 hours working time) and that break would need to be followed by a few minutes other work because WTD breaks cannot be taken at the immediate start or end of shift.

The point is that as long as you do not go over 6 hours working time without a break you can have them at anytime, you always need a 15 minute break no later than 6 hours from the end of the previous break.

Before anyone says it I’m not suggesting that anyone should work over 11 hours with only a 15 minute break I’m just pointing out what the law says :slight_smile:

Thank you.

yourhavingalarf:
I’m gonna guess…

For crissakes don’t try and max all yours hours out. Take breaks whenever you need them not when your told you can have them.

Even the slaves in Sports Direct warehouses get more breaks than you took in that shift.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:
I’m gonna guess…

^^^^^^^^
Exactly! …This all day long. :bulb:
Limits are limits, not targets, despite what they try and brainwash you into believing.
A break is there for YOUR welfare and convenience, not something that you need to ‘get in’ during your endurance test of a day,… and certainly not to be worked in just to achieve some set schedule, or to make ‘their’ planning more convenient.

The sooner drivers man up and do this, the better their quality of work life will be, and the less they’ll have to belly ache about. :unamused:

Technically you’re creating a false tacho entry which is an offence vs WTD which realistically isn’t (that anyone cares about).

Plus its much easier to mess-up a manual entry than just leave it as is.

trevHCS:
Technically you’re creating a false tacho entry which is an offence vs WTD which realistically isn’t (that anyone cares about).

There seems to be a lot of threads lately, where manual entries are mentioned.
I have never done one and admit that I would probably frec it up if I tried to :confused:
Just leave it and see what develops imo.

Suedehead:

trevHCS:

I have never done one and admit that I would probably frec it up if I tried to :confused:
Just leave it and see what develops imo.

Or learn to use the tachograph, it is after all a tool of a drivers trade and in this situation will save the OP getting an infringement, granted the odd WTD infringement isn’t anything to bother about but…

Sign it when manager presents it to you and learn from it. At our place your tacho must match the hours you book on microlise and the swipe in/out on Kronos. Much better to sign a bit of paper and promise not to do it again than make a manual entry and be caught making a false record because your tacho card suddenly shows 20mins more duty than you booked to be paid. Thats gross misconduct rather than “just sign this infringement mate, you know why, dont do it again”

Suedehead:

[/quote]
What’s it like knowing you’re falsifying your tacho record every single day hoping that you don’t get stopped by DVSA and they don’t decide to do an in depth check?

If you don’t do them then you’ll never learn.

Must admit i would not know how to do a manual entry or for that matter i could not even change the time on one
I don’t know why anyone needs too, but everyone to there own
Card in press buttons away you go only time I would go near it is breaks and end of shift, press buttons and gone
I have never had anyone pull me up on it, that’s the way it all started and to me that’s the way it’s going to finnish