Infringement, not enough daily rest

VOSA would not take any action whatsoever about an infringement like this, other than an informal advisory word. The last time they checked me, I had eight infringements in the last two months but they were all minor, a few minutes here and there and they just were not remotely interested.

I would relax about it tbh, you now know you’ve made mistakes & you are still learning, we all are. You now know what to do so im sure you will be fine, and lets face it, the chances of being pulled are slim at best.

birdman82:
Thanks for all the replies. How do I do a printout of the specific day in question? .

When your card is in press OK. It will say Entry vehicle or something like that. Can’t check as I’m in an analogue at the moment. Scroll down till it says print out driver 1 then press OK again. Then scroll back to the date in question and a final OK.

weeto:
Easiest fix for your predicament, will be to “lose” your digi card and invest £20 for piece of mind!

More stupid idiot advice…

The digital tachograph stores records which are downloaded periodically by the traffic office.

“Losing” your digicard just leaves you £20 out of pocket - it doesn’t make your infringements disappear.

Conor:

weeto:
Easiest fix for your predicament, will be to “lose” your digi card and invest £20 for piece of mind!

More stupid idiot advice…

The digital tachograph stores records which are downloaded periodically by the traffic office.

“Losing” your digicard just leaves you £20 out of pocket - it doesn’t make your infringements disappear.

He didn’t commit an offence on a digi tachograph so no record, so what ya talking about?

Dieseldoforme:
Plead guilty and face a death sentence by firing squad at dawn.
OR
Do a print out and do a written explanation on the reverse.

Think the 2nd option is a bit harsh. :laughing:

Ken.

Hand your analogues in. IF and it’s a big IF you get pulled show your digi card, if VOSA ask about other work say none. Problem solved.

Relax man you’ll have a heart attack.

Tipper Tom:
Hand your analogues in. IF and it’s a big IF you get pulled show your digi card, if VOSA ask about other work say none. Problem solved.

Unless they do not believe you and use info from DWP to accertain your work/tax records…

If you get pulled, and it is a big if, be honest. They will find out you are fairly new and can check where & when you’ve worked, lying will put you in a bad place straight off the bat. Don’t offer anything unless asked and fess up if they ask for your Tacho charts. Explain you know you made errors and you know where you went wrong, they aren’t hanging offences just minor infringements.

ROG:

Tipper Tom:

Unless they do not believe you and use info from DWP to accertain your work/tax records…

Does that happen much? Be honest.

Tipper Tom:

ROG:

Tipper Tom:

Dunno how often it happens but suppose it depends if they think the possible untruths are worth investigating

Seeing only saturday use on a digicard with no other records and the driver saying they do not work at any other time is going to look VERY ODD

ROG:

Tipper Tom:

ROG:

Tipper Tom:

Dunno how often it happens but suppose it depends if they think the possible untruths are worth investigating

Seeing only saturday use on a digicard with no other records and the driver saying they do not work at any other time is going to look VERY ODD

Yeah really ODD. Cos they couldn’t have a different job in the week and want some extra money. Or perhaps a newby wanting to gain experience and keeping on their normal day job, I can think of 5 threads on here mentioning the same thing. I know 4 people personally who work a normal working week and have a driving job on Saturdays.

Tipper Tom:
I know 4 people personally who work a normal working week and have a driving job on Saturdays.

How much weekly rest are they having every week ?

Tipper Tom:
… they couldn’t have a different job in the week…

In which case there must legally be records for that other job as per the requirement of the regs

ROG:

Tipper Tom:

In which case there must legally be records for that other job as per the requirement of the regs

So if I do a few hours SE work for a builder with no driving how do I record this?

Tipper Tom:

ROG:

Tipper Tom:

So if I do a few hours SE work for a builder with no driving how do I record this?

Easiest way is to use seperate analogue cards - 1 for each day with name date start + finish times on them

I can name 2 taxi drivers doing school contract work Mon to Fri then every weekend pulling for sainsbugs

ROG:

Tipper Tom:

ROG:

Tipper Tom:

Easiest way is to use seperate analogue cards - 1 for each day with name date start + finish times on them

Fill out tacho charts for digging a hole with a spade?

nick2008:
I can name 2 taxi drivers doing school contract work Mon to Fri then every weekend pulling for sainsbugs

Don’t, because they are still breaking the law (most likely) under the 45hr rest period

waynedl:

nick2008:

Don’t, because they are still breaking the law (most likely) under the 45hr rest period

I know they are, just like a few builders that do all day bricking then a night trunk ,