Infringement help

A driver has done 4 shifts over 13hours duty therefore giving him an infringement which he acknowledges. He has also got an infringement for daily drive time limit exceeded. This occured the day after his exceeded 15.
Started work at 04:52 Finished 18:08. (4th 15)
Driving hours infringement the day this after calculating him doing 10h29mins driving time.

Anyone help please?

Tell him to park up before he exceeds 10 (or 9, as the case may be) hours driving? Likewise the 13 hour “duty” times - tell him to park up a bit earlier.

Get him onto a Drivers’ Hours course for his next stint of DCPC training.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

You have an infringement for exceeding your daily driving limit. You can drive up to 9 hours per day with the option to extend that to 10 hours twice in your working week between weekly rests.

rookie07:
A driver has done 4 shifts over 13hours duty therefore giving him an infringement which he acknowledges. He has also got an infringement for daily drive time limit exceeded. This occured the day after his exceeded 15.
Driving hours infringement the day this after calculating him doing 10h29mins driving time.

Anyone help please?

If I’m reading this correctly he exceeded the daily driving time on the same day he exceeded 13 hours for the 4th time, if that’s the case he could have been unavoidably held up and not able to park up or avoid going over his daily driving time.

If these infringements were on different days in the same week someone needs to have a quiet word with him about it.

tachograph:

rookie07:

Anyone help please?

If I’m reading this correctly he exceeded the daily driving time on the same day he exceeded 13 hours for the 4th time, if that’s the case he could have been unavoidably held up and not able to park up or avoid going over his daily driving time.

If these infringements were on different days in the same week someone needs to have a quiet word with him about it.

And possibly have a word with the traffic planner who might be expecting too much.

If the rest period is insufficient then will the system add up the driving from both shifts :question:

If yes then that could be why …

He’s done a lot of driving in that shift which was just over 13 hours considering he will have needed 90 minutes of breaks too! Did he get lost? What was he asked to do that day?

rookie07:

Anyone help please?

Help? How?

TiredAndEmotional:
You have an infringement for exceeding your daily driving limit. You can drive up to 9 hours per day with the option to extend that to 10 hours twice in your working week between weekly rests.

Isn’t it the case that the 10 hours x 2 is within a fixed week rather than between whatever your weekly rest periods are?

andy_s:

TiredAndEmotional:

Isn’t it the case that the 10 hours x 2 is within a fixed week rather than between whatever your weekly rest periods are?

Yes that is the case, reduced daily rest periods are counted between weekly rest periods but extended daily driving periods are counted per fixed week.

• 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods.
  • 2 extended daily driving periods per fixed week.

the nodding donkey:

rookie07:

Anyone help please?

Help? How?

My thoughts precisely. You know there were infringements, you know what the cause was, so are you asking for recommendations on punishments for the errant driver? Or maybe help for education of said driver?

ROG:
If the rest period is insufficient then will the system add up the driving from both shifts :question:

Thats the question I believe he was asking… apologies for the confusion?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

rookie07:

ROG:

Who was asking :confused:

This is turning into a mystery guessing game :laughing:

tachograph:

rookie07:

ROG:

The butler did it.

the nodding donkey:

tachograph:

rookie07:

ROG:

The butler did it.

I think the rookie may have done it :wink: