Infringement help.

Can anyone tell me why when I download my card and look at the infringements I have a couple on there saying daily drive limit 13hr/15hr ? The only reason I can think it does that is going over my duty time and the 2 days driving is being added together ?

Smoggie89:
Can anyone tell me why when I download my card and look at the infringements I have a couple on there saying daily drive limit 13hr/15hr ? The only reason I can think it does that is going over my duty time and the 2 days driving is being added together ?

Can you scan and post a printout so we can see?

Alternatively can you tell us what time you started and ended each shift please?

ROG:

Smoggie89:

Can you scan and post a printout so we can see?

Alternatively can you tell us what time you started and ended each shift please?

Hello mate , it’s when I download my card and analyse the info on screen , they are from a few weeks back + so don’t know what time I started/finished etc … I know for a fact I have never done an 11 drive in 1 day never mind 13/15 baffled as to why it’s happened

I think it could be down to daily rests which is why I asked for that info

if you have exceeded duty time,in a 24 hr period even by one second, then you have not had a daily rest, because a daily rest consists of 11 hrs and not 10hrs 59mins and 59secs, no daily rest so all driving is totalled until you take a daily rest
assuming you do not have a reduced available but same scenario, 8.59 in 24 hrs is not a daily rest

That’s what I thought it would be for as I knew I hadn’t drove more than 10hours , was just confused when I seen them lol cheers

Smoggie89:
That’s what I thought it would be for as I knew I hadn’t drove more than 10hours , was just confused when I seen them lol cheers

but you had driven more than 10 hrs before taking a rest period, that’s what you would be charged with if it went to a court

green456:

Smoggie89:

but you had driven more than 10 hrs before taking a rest period, that’s what you would be charged with if it went to a court

Get what you are saying but surely someone with a bit of common sense would see what has happened ? Or I would like to think so anyways :confused:

If the authorities did want to they could charge for insufficient daily rest and exceeding driving drive so 2 from one error

If its a case of a few seconds causing the issue then its very unlikely they would do so

ROG:
If the authorities did want to they could charge for insufficient daily rest and exceeding driving drive so 2 from one error

If its a case of a few seconds causing the issue then its very unlikely they would do so

I can’t say how long they are because they are from a few weeks back and longer, probably a couple of minutes or so, nothing like 1hr plus

green456:
if you have exceeded duty time,in a 24 hr period even by one second, then you have not had a daily rest, because a daily rest consists of 11 hrs and not 10hrs 59mins and 59secs, no daily rest so all driving is totalled until you take a daily rest

On a single manned journey if the spread-over from the start of the shift to the end of the shift is more than 15 hours, or more than 13 hours if you don’t have a reduced daily rest period available, it will be an infringement for insufficient daily rest within the 24 hour period.
However if you have at-least nine hours rest between shifts it’s still a daily rest period even if part of the rest time falls outside the 24 hour period and the analysis software should recognise it as such and separate the calculations for the shifts, even if you do get an infringement for insufficient daily rest.

“daily drive limit 13hr/15hr ?” is a strange thing for an infringement to say, however if that’s what it says the likelihood is that it’s calculating two shift as stated by others but not for the reason given.

The likelihood is that either you’ve failed to have at-least nine hours rest between shifts or:
If you do manual entries you could you have messed them up on these occasions and booked work for the rest period ?

If you use a type 2 digital tachograph and don’t do manual entries of any kind it’s possible that work has automatically been recorded for the time you was on daily rest.

tachograph:

green456:

On a single manned journey if the spread-over from the start of the shift to the end of the shift is more than 15 hours, or more than 13 hours if you don’t have a reduced daily rest period available, it will be an infringement for insufficient daily rest within the 24 hour period.
However if you have at-least nine hours rest between shifts it’s still a daily rest period even if part of the rest time falls outside the 24 hour period and the analysis software should recognise it as such and separate the calculations for the shifts, even if you do get an infringement for insufficient daily rest.

“daily drive limit 13hr/15hr ?” is a strange thing for an infringement to say, however if that’s what it says the likelihood is that it’s calculating two shift as stated by others but not for the reason given.

The likelihood is that either you’ve failed to have at-least nine hours rest between shifts or:
If you do manual entries you could you have messed them up on these occasions and booked work for the rest period ?

If you use a type 2 digital tachograph and don’t do manual entries of any kind it’s possible that work has automatically been recorded for the time you was on daily rest.

I drive a 09 XF mate so not sure what tacho it is, there is a couple where I’ve had 8hr59min , 8hr57min etc… Purely down to my own fault setting off that couple of mins early , I’ll take a pic of what it says on the tacho reader on Monday and upload if it makes it easier for you to understand , I know of another lad at our place who has the same on his card aswell… Think I’ve got 2/3 of them on my card , was baffled when I first seen it because I know for a fact I haven’t done over 10hr15min drive before

Smoggie89:
I drive a 09 XF mate so not sure what tacho it is, there is a couple where I’ve had 8hr59min , 8hr57min etc…

Assuming it’s the original tachograph it will be type 1 and the short daily rest periods are almost certainly the reason for the oddly named infringements.

I downloaded mine the other day had about 6 on there on the screen, they won’t be for anything serious i just press the wrong buttons and stuff on tachos, i ejected my tacho the other day halfway through a break by accident and put card straight back in on break. the thing with me i only started driving trucks in sept last year so im in different truck everyday and the tachos are all different, they spin my head the older ones some go on break auto some don’t and the buttons are the same really but do not do the same as on other tachos. so i think they will be calling me into office :unamused: they teach you how to drive the truck sort off but don’t teach you the most serious stuff like how to work tachos properly. its like learning how to use all different computers to me. if i get taken to court i will tell them they don’t train new drivers how to use a tacho machine on your hgv training so how can i be done for it, :confused:

Here is a scenario.

Start driving at 11pm until 8:45am, driving again at 5:45pm until 3:30am.
The total driving in a single day would be 13.5 hours.
Would that be an infringement or not?

Eat My BB:
Here is a scenario.

Start driving at 11pm until 8:45am, driving again at 5:45pm until 3:30am.
The total driving in a single day would be 13.5 hours.
Would that be an infringement or not?

For EU regulations that would be legal as long as you had the correct breaks.

The EU regulations don’t state how much driving you can do in a day, they stipulate how much driving you can do between daily rest periods and each week and each two weekly period but not each day.

However for the UK domestic regulations you’re restricted to 10 hours driving in each 24 hour period.

The only infringement I have had for going over 13/15 hrs is insufficient daily rest, and I think that is the only one you will get from whoever downloads the card.
Even if you only take 8.59 or 10.59 or less it would still be insufficient rest, nothing else.

Smoggie89:

tachograph:

green456:

I drive a 09 XF mate so not sure what tacho it is, there is a couple where I’ve had 8hr59min , 8hr57min etc… Purely down to my own fault setting off that couple of mins early , I’ll take a pic of what it says on the tacho reader on Monday and upload if it makes it easier for you to understand , I know of another lad at our place who has the same on his card aswell… Think I’ve got 2/3 of them on my card , was baffled when I first seen it because I know for a fact I haven’t done over 10hr15min drive before

I would ignore what your tacho reader says, wait till you’ve done an official download at work, then see what infringements you get.

If your not doing correct manual entries ie finishing off last shift and starting your new shift it could be assuming you have not had a daily rest. Hence the recommendation off putting your tacho on rest before removal and insertion.