Information on an agency

Has anybody had any dealings with ADR Network? A friend of a friend has suggested I give them a bell tomorrow for Tesco work out of Magor. I’ve looked at their website, which looks BRILLIANT :wink:
But some more hands-on experience would be useful.
Thanks guys…

Pay is or was £8.70 all hours and £10.35 weekends at Magor. Be prepared to be asked or told to work out of Tesco Avonmouth or to pick a unit up from Avonmouth.

Magor is a good place to work, Avonmouth is not so good with silly o,clock start times.
ADR also has the contact with Cullina at Avonmouth so they may also ask you to go to them.

As with all agencies the work is TEMPORARY ONGOING.

Good luck.

Thanks Wayne, I’d noticed the extra work out of Avonmouth. If the money’s OK I would consider nights over the Bridge, but if it’s days I wouldn’t consider going further than Magor :slight_smile: I’ll see what they say when I ring them - apparently they are more interested in The Driver than they are in the client :wink:

i have worked for ADR for nearly 4 years now,kept me on the same contract in harlow all that time.They have been good to me and had no real problems with them ,i also have a few mates that work at other sites through ADR and they have been kept in work as well.

Thanks mate :slight_smile: At least it’s a start…

Forgot to say that for the Tesco work there will be a full days assessment, you will be paid for your time though.

I’m sure that I worked for ADR in Telford for a little while, essentially they were a Recruitment Agency for Cullina in Market Drayton.

Don’t get your hopes up but after less than a fortnight I got offered a full time job. I would of taken it but I had other fish to fry so I declined (ADR were not very pleased).

This was in the nineties so it could well be different. Get your chit in, keep your nose clean and see what happens. Can’t do any harm?

Al

I have not had any dealings with ADR but I do suggest trying Paramount in Pontypridd, gave me as much work as I wanted when I was with them, they have contracts with places like John Raymond, TDW, John T Evans, Peters Pies and Allied Bakeries, they were very good with regards to wages on time etc!

Thanks guys :slight_smile: Gotta be honest, wasn’t that impressed with the girl I spoke to so will probably give them a miss. When I told her I hadn’t turned a wheel in 6 years she asked “will you be able to still handle an artic?” When I replied “Hell yeah!” she seemed a touch nonplussed, then suggested that “as rules have changed you’d better have a few goes at a DSA test. Once you get over the pass mark (85%) later in the week, give me a ring”
I emailed her 15 minutes later saying “Done it, got 94% - how many times do you want me to do it?”. Haven’t heard back, so they can stick it. Got an interview with S&K on Thursday with a test drive, so I guess we’ll see then if I can “still handle an artic” :unamused:
I spotted Paramount’s website, I’ll give them a ring on Thursday - if I roll the wagon into the dock that is :laughing: Thanks for the recommendation Andi, you’ll be after a commission :slight_smile:

The Sarge:
Thanks guys :slight_smile: Gotta be honest, wasn’t that impressed with the girl I spoke to so will probably give them a miss. When I told her I hadn’t turned a wheel in 6 years she asked “will you be able to still handle an artic?” When I replied “Hell yeah!” she seemed a touch nonplussed, then suggested that “as rules have changed you’d better have a few goes at a DSA test. Once you get over the pass mark (85%) later in the week, give me a ring”
I emailed her 15 minutes later saying “Done it, got 94% - how many times do you want me to do it?”. Haven’t heard back, so they can stick it. Got an interview with S&K on Thursday with a test drive, so I guess we’ll see then if I can “still handle an artic” :unamused:
I spotted Paramount’s website, I’ll give them a ring on Thursday - if I roll the wagon into the dock that is :laughing: Thanks for the recommendation Andi, you’ll be after a commission :slight_smile:

I trust you have invested in a cowboy hat already then if you are going over to the ‘yellowside’… :laughing: ! Should be fine with them mate, the units seem alright and quite new though the trailers are quite dated. They do some ADR work out of DOW so you never know they might help you out with an ADR if you get in there.

Well if you do get anything out of Paramount I will only take a small amount of commission haha!

I have worked for ADR at Asda and Sainsburys. Would recommend. Good pay lots of regular work

pm sent, Andi…

I worked for adr a few years back out of crick northants. It was ok until the southern Europeans flooded in.
Odd thing is there is another company… tw network which seems to be the same people which iv seen advertise in the truck mags and papers.