Info wanted on some firms

Been putting a few feelers out for a new job - can anyone tell me anything negative or positive about Garn Transport or Reed and Boardall? Likewise, if anyone can suggest a good firm to work for in the Gloucester area or nationwide but with out-based drivers I’d like to hear your views…

Welcome to TruckNet UK wayner :smiley: . Sorry I cannot help
with your work situation but I wish you good luck :smiley: .

Hi and welcome

I used to work for RB at their Boroughbridge main depot but that was a number of years ago.

In Truck and Driver this month their is a small article about them with their recruitment line. They run good trucks not more than 3 years old but want the max legal hours all the time + have silly start times ie 2/3am.

Isnt Garn Transport part of the LinQ Alliance with Meachers, Knowles and some others?

They had an article in Trucking or something recently

Wheel Nut:
Isnt Garn Transport part of the LinQ Alliance with Meachers, Knowles and some others?

They had an article in Trucking or something recently

i think garn are in with ken thomas, knowles and jack richards.

i remember the article and it was about some tiined foods they do from the wisbech area for the supermarkets and they split it equal and have a different bit of the country each.

suffolk reefer boy is the one to ask.

Garn are based in Spalding, Lincolnshire so their a fair way from you wayner. Your right in saying their in with Jack Richards. They have a tinned food contract out of Wisbech and there are a few hauliers that do it and they are called Wisbech Roadways or summats like that.
I think its mostly general haulage work and their trucks are parked up all weekend.
If you’re in the Gloucester/ Cheltenham area why not try Richard Read with blue ERF’s or Ralph Davies International. Hope that helps cheers Tim

Worked for Reed Boardall. I’d go back with them if I could get a job pulling out of Carnaby again but Boroughbridge is a bit too far
Good trucks, get a uniform,easy work, no rushing about especially on the Tesco deliveries. Only a few drivers do the silly starts and only those that want to. Can’t ever remember working maximum hours. Used to do 50 average.

Not read the T&D article but I suspect a bit of it was the usual [zb]

Garns are also moving alot of local pallets around for palletline. Most of their work does come from Wisbech Roadways (which includes Garns, Jack Richards and Knowles) and revolves around tinned food from premier foods. However, Maddisons curtainside work is coming under Garns control (bulkers will stay as Maddies) and this means alot of agricultural and general taut loads are becoming avaliable.

Garns used to do some work out of Sheerness Docks, dont know if they still do though…