Info Required EURO 2 Reduced Pollution Certificate Europe

Hi,
can anyone advise if the RPC works in Europe I have been looking on the internet, but cannot find anything. I know it makes no difference with the Swiss they still tax/toll the vehicle as Euro 2.

Rgs

Tony

The RPC has no bearing outside the UK and is only relevant to the UK RFL system.

Hi Coffee,

Many thanks for the info, I was looking at an FH12XL 460 4X2 2001, so will now have to look at a newer model, did you have an FH and if so what MPG did you get please.

Regards

Tony

I had 4 FH’s over the years all 4x2’s. They all averaged between 10 and 11 mpg over the three years I kept each one for, but I never ran heavy with them and two were only plated at 31 tonnes.

Hi Coffee,

I have two (02) reg Low ride FH12 4X2 units that I purchased 4 years ago and ran them on trips to Spain frigo 22/24 ton and they returned 7-7.7mpg So changed them over to Greece/Italy on light work 6/8 ton loads and they have returned 10mpg plus. I spoke to Volvo about the fuel because on my older ones on 23/24ton work to Spain these returned 9-9.5mpg and they said you should not have problem with them, however, speaking to various Volvo fitters they said the fuel did not improve until the mid-late 04 reg FH12’s.

Regards

Tony