Info required about National CPC

dieseldave:

Helen Stevens:
Could somebody in the know on the training side, please clarify what the position is if somebody with a (recent) national qualification later wants an international cpc, after the two have merged? Can they sit just one paper? Or do they have to resit the whole lot?

Hi Helen,

If an ex-CPC trainer might answer, I’ve come up with this from EOS:

EOS:
The DfT have stated that anyone who has not achieved a full National CPC by the end of the processing of the December 2011 series will lose the credit for any unit passes and will have to begin again in 2012 and sit the full combined National/International examinations. Anyone who achieves a full National CPC by the end of 2011 will, though, have the opportunity to gain an additional stand alone International unit. OCR has pledged to offer a number of existing style Unit 6 (Freight) and 7 (Passenger) International examinations during 2012 for such candidates.

EOS tend to be the industry standard for CPC study materials, and they’ve been doing it for many many years. I used EOS study notes and a classroom course when I did my own Nat and Int CPCs in 1997.

:arrow_right: Here’s a Link to the quote on the EOS website.

I’ve found this, you have 12 months to ‘top up’ to the International CPC without restarting the new qualification.: novadata.co.uk/news/3260.htm

bluenose:
I’ve found this, you have 12 months to ‘top up’ to the International CPC without restarting the new qualification.: novadata.co.uk/news/3260.htm

Ahh. Well spotted. I wonder what the new rules are in relation to grandfather rights? Not that it’s relevant to me. Just curious. :smiley: