Info please !

Hia fellas,

I’m just about to leave the Army and am doing some agency work to get up to speed. I’ve driven lots of Military HGV stuff but clearly have the Tacho exemption. The agency are having me double up with one of their regulars for the day and sharing the driving with him. Can anyone please clarify how I should use my Digi card during this. Do I stick it in slot 2 from the start and swap it to 1 when I take over ? Help and advice will be really appreciated!

Thanks,

Jon

jonboymp:
Can anyone please clarify how I should use my Digi card during this. Do I stick it in slot 2 from the start and swap it to 1 when I take over ?

That’s exactly what you do, put your driver card in slot 2 when the other driver is driving and put it in slot 1 when you’re driving.

When your card is in slot 2 the tachograph will automatically record POA while the vehicle is moving, you can change it to other work or break when the vehicle is stationary but it will change back to POA every time the vehicle moves.

When you’re double manning the first 45 minutes of POA while your sat in the passenger seat will count as break, that’s because you can legally have a break in a moving vehicle but you cannot set slot 2 to break while the vehicle is moving.