Info on jobs in france

does anyone know if the market is as bad in france for drivers or is it just uk, im thinking of moving and as im single ive no ties to any area so any sort of info i can get i will be grateful, like best areas and most decent companys. thanks

Sorry to tell you its just as bad if not worse. Remember if you wish to drive in France the 2 "F,s ",FIMO and FCOS because without you are going ought.

Edit for mis-spelling

if you’re single you could in theory work for anybody regardless of where you live. if you want to live in france (somebody has to :laughing: ) you could drive for a brit or a spaniard and stop at home in between.
as kerbut says you need a lot of paperwork in france and must be able to speak the language.
it must be hard because even nobrot dressingtable has plated his trucks in PL and RO so that the drivers can get around french regulations

i think unless you wear flipflops tracksuite bottoms and an old tshirt, it,s going to be hard to get a job anywhere in europe

didnt realise so any recomendations on spaniard companys to go for etc, the decent ones if any lol gonna be a while before im fluent in french or other lol

xxicelandicxx:
does anyone know if the market is as bad in france for drivers or is it just uk, im thinking of moving and as im single ive no ties to any area so any sort of info i can get i will be grateful, like best areas and most decent companys. thanks

Just an idea, but have you maybe thought about one of the rock and roll outfits? They get to do euro work and since you are single, being out for a few months at a time wouldn’t be a problem.

much easier than moving to foreign shores

i would yes, but still would like to move as i like the european lifestyle as common sense is better than a ruled society, and all best outfits like that are prob full up if good jobs at moment, but in case of of chance anyone PM me.

If you don’t mind tramping all over Europe for 3,4 pr even 6wks with 1 or 2 weeks off then you may be in a better position. Many many companies do it that way these days. You can then live wherever you like.

In general, Scandinavian and Dutch companies will be happy with you speaking English; if French is your second language try also Belgium or even better Luxembourg.
Wallenborn is a good company to be with, Arthur Welter… Galliker in B, Planzer in CH, Blomquist in N, D…
There are manyyou just have to be careful not to end up with Kralowetz or Hindelang

Why France.they will always favour the french driver even if you have the two "Fs" you will get the ■■■■ they wont do.I have the FCOS and have been in France long enough to be able to tell the agencies were to go if I do not want the job and they hate it cause Im english and they think the english need the money.As for the spanish make sure you get a contract up front.

France and Germany is out of the recession.3% rise in GDP.

icelandic you have PM

toby1234abc:
France and Germany is out of the recession.3% rise in GDP.

Maybe they are Toby ,but unemployment here is very high, bit like the prices here,in SuperU today a cucumber was 2.20 euros ,work that out at todays exchange rate of 1.03 euros to £. My rates (tax de fonciers, thats just for my land the house stands in 2200msq) has gone up from 30 euros pa five years ago to 580 eur this year and I have the dusbin tax and tax de habition still to come.