Info needed please... 1969 Dodge 500 K1050

A friend of mine is doing a full restoration of a 1969 Dodge 500 K1050, which he says has a 185hp V8 ■■■■■■■ engine in it.

The question is… in what colour was the engine/gearbox originally painted please?

dieseldave:
A friend of mine is doing a full restoration of a 1969 Dodge 500 K1050, which he says has a 185hp V8 ■■■■■■■ engine in it.

The question is… in what colour was the engine/gearbox originally painted please?

IIRC The V 8 Would have Yellow, Larry.

IIRC Larry you are quite right about the ■■■■■■■ beige/yellow colour which saw the V8’s fitted into the early D1000’s and of course all the big ■■■■■■■ straight 6’s were the same colour. But if IIRC the ■■■■■■■ V6’s and V8’s fitted in the Dodge 1050’s were coloured red which was something to do with Chrysler who owned Dodge & Commer in the 60’s /70’s any Dodge I saw with the “cab up” in those days , and fitted with the ■■■■■■■ engine, was red in colour. I do stand corrected on this matter but that is my clear ( well fairly :wink: ) recollection ! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis, I cant recall seeing a C engine in red, The only time I saw red was when waiting at Gladston Dock in Liverpool to get tipped :angry: :angry: :angry: , Hope you and your good lady are keeping well, Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi Dennis, I cant recall seeing a C engine in red, The only time I saw red was when waiting at Gladston Dock in Liverpool to get tipped :angry: :angry: :angry: , Hope you and your good lady are keeping well, Larry.

Hiya Larry,
We are both OK at the moment and we have had our three jabs but we are still “ganning canny” and avoiding crowded places like doing the weekly shop at Sainsbury’s when the store is very quiet ! Lets just hope we can enjoy a nice quiet Christmas with close family and avoid this next plague that appears to be taking hold !
Regarding the paint colour of some ■■■■■■■ engines well I recall a local Kendal Haulier ran a new D reg 6 wheeler ( York third axle ) with that noisy V6 ■■■■■■■ which spent more time at the local Commer and Dodge Dealer’s with the cab up than down! and that engine was defo a red colour. I wonder if the ■■■■■■■ engines that were built at Darlington were painted red ?
Anyway Larry can I wish You and Yours a very Happy Christmas and a much better New Year , stay safe Marra ! Regards Dennis.
PS Larry the code no. for the ■■■■■■■ red was Pantone 485 :wink:

My heartfelt thanks go to all who answered… THANKS very much. :smiley:

Definitely recall the ■■■■■■■ Beige engine colour, I worked on them, the Chrysler in the Dodge may have been Red but I’m not sure or if the ■■■■■■■ was, it also had the Perkins V8 510 fitted which could have been Red, just can’t remember after so long. Also the engine factory colours only stayed when the vehicles didn’t get painted, Alfie Ellis’ Ford D1000 units never got painted in his Green/Red livery so the engines never got touched but it was common for Paintshops to paint the engine the same as the chassis colours. I’m sure a Grey colour comes to mind but to what engine I haven’t a clue. Here’s the ■■■■■■■ original colour below. Franky.

Possibly Dean has a Dodge 500 brochure in the collection he can maybe dig out, might have a clue in those. Franky.

If it’s any help, the early/mid '70s Barrieros-Dodge 300 with the Chrysler engine had a 350 ■■■■■■■ variant engine with the same beige colour as shown in this pamphlet (posted on another thread a long time ago by ‘ERF-Continental’: