Info needed on class 1 and adr please guys

hi guys, can anybody give me a rough idea of cost for taking my class 1 and is it possible to do lessons on a weekend? from what I can gather (well in my area anyway) it seems like majority do an intensive type course. And the same for ADR, what price will I be looking at to attain this. Trouble is I am struggling to get any time off work during the week and really want to get both of these ASAP. I am based in Immingham/Grimsby area. Many thanks any info greatly appreciated, would be great to have a heads up and an idea of price before I get quotes for the training.

Dont know about your area but for me up here in Glasgow my class 1 was £1500. That was for four days training and a test.I think that is about the standard for UK. ADR is £650. Not sure if thats a UK average or what. I have not done that though but am thinking about it.
As for weekends the company I did it with only did monday to friday but there are other companies that I know do offer weekend training. But class 1 training is usually spread over 5 days (Four training and test on 5th) and in my opinion doing sat/sun one week then leaving it till the following sat/sun for more training is a bit of a big gap. Your going to have to probably take three weekdays off to get a proper "run"at it
Sorry I cant be more help

damonh:
hi guys, can anybody give me a rough idea of taking my class 1 and isit it possibo lessons on a what I can gather (well in my arealay) it seems like majority do an intensive type course. And the same for ADR, what will I be looking at to attain this. Trouble is I am struggling to get any time off work during the week and really want to get both of these ASAP. I am based in Immingham/Grimsby area. Many thanks any info greatly appreciated, would be great to have a heads up and an idea of price before I get quotes for the training.

You could always phone up trainers & see what they have to offer at what price, choose someone who has proven long standing reputation, dont go for a broker, you are likely to get ripped off!
If you realy want to get on with training asap then why not take holiday’s off work & use it for your training days.
I did just that & traveled half way up country to train with peter smythe transport training & they also arranged accommodation in with the price, I passed both Class 2 and returned to pass class 1 with them, their training was excellent as was the accommodation, I did my ADR again I travelled up country to Ellesmere Port & had an excellent teacher diesel dave , great way of instructing in a way that you could understand , again I passed. Good reputable trainers are always worth making the effort to train with , you have to part with your money whether you choose a good trainer or not, it makes sense to go the ‘extra mile’ to get proper training which puts you on track to get through your tests & get the results you want . Prices tend to alter so you are best to phone up & speak to trainers, they can advise & offer a course suitable for you , they don’t bite!! :smiley:

^^ Oh yes and what he said re brokers. Absolutely no need to use them

The-Snowman:

Eh! He ■■

damonh:
hi guys, can anybody give me a rough idea of cost for taking my class 1 and is it possible to do lessons on a weekend? from what I can gather (well in my area anyway) it seems like majority do an intensive type course. And the same for ADR, what price will I be looking at to attain this. Trouble is I am struggling to get any time off work during the week and really want to get both of these ASAP. I am based in Immingham/Grimsby area. Many thanks any info greatly appreciated, would be great to have a heads up and an idea of price before I get quotes for the training.

Hi damonh,

I can’t help with your LGV licence, but there’s a list of LGV driver training providers here:

LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - #5 by rog - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

As for ADR, I’d say that you first need to consider whether you want periodic DCPC hours to go with it.

For clarity, anybody can take an ADR course at any time they like because there are no requirements that you have to do anything before you can take the course.

I can’t tell what your present licence status is, but it might make some sense to do at least your Cat C and initial DCPC first.
That way, you’d be able to get 21hrs periodic DCPC (at a small extra cost) for attending the ADR course.

As for cost, I’d say that an ADR course can be had for £500ish, but it all depends on which ADR modules you wish to take.
The commonest ADR course is called “Core, Packs and seven Classes.” (I suggest this option for you.)

There is an optional tanker module, but you can save money on this of you don’t have any realistic prospect of needing to drive a tanker that’s carrying dangerous goods.

If you take the commonest ADR course that I’ve mentioned, some providers will run this split across two weekends.

I don’t know anything about any of the ADR providers in your part of the country, but what I’ve written so far is based on my knowledge of the several ADR providers that I work for.

I suggest that you phone some providers and make sure that you’re comparing like-for-like.
I suggest that you ask whether VAT and SQA exam fees are included in the price they quote because not all providers express their pricing in the same way.

If you’d like some contacts in your area, please give me an approx location and your preferred travelling distance to a training venue, whilst bearing in mind that you’ll have to travel there and back at least four times if you take my suggestion for which ADR modules to take.

bonnie lass:

The-Snowman:

Eh! He ■■

Yep, there’s a clue in the username. :laughing: :wink:

bonnie lass:

The-Snowman:

Eh! He ■■

Oops. Sorry. Should have read username. :blush:
Is it too late to say it should have said SHE said and that my keyboard stuck and didnt type the s? :smiley:

dieseldave:

bonnie lass:

The-Snowman:

Eh! He ■■

Yep, there’s a clue in the username. :laughing: :wink:

Yep, I have to agree :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The-Snowman:

bonnie lass:

The-Snowman:

Eh! He ■■

Oops. Sorry. Should have read username. :blush:
Is it too late to say it should have said SHE said and that my keyboard stuck and didnt type the s? :smiley:

Don’t worry I’m still definitely a SHE !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

really appreciate the feedback guys just to confirm I already have class 2 (6 years)and up to date with cpc and work is just flat out for me at the moment (mon-Fri) so zero chance of time off. I am going to travel to Peter Smythe transport training I think because they seem to offer exactly what I need! so just the adr to sort, thanks for the help guys

Looking forward to seeing you. All the best with it. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

damonh:
… so just the adr to sort …

If you give me a rough idea of whereabouts in the country you are and your preferred travelling distance each day, then I’ll be able to post up some contacts for you.

:bulb: Please consider that you’ll need to go to and from the training provider on four occasions if you take the option I’ve suggested.