Info if anyone knows rights

hi just wondering if anyone knows rights or is the employer in his rights
im on salary £350 take home for 5 days and £20 for a night out
but included in the salary of £350 is a £60 bonus incase of damage to lorry
but 2 nights out of £40 is included in salary too so i,ve been told of one of the lads
that you get a tax rebate every year so this must be for tax on the 2 nights out included in salary
DOES anyone know when new tax threshold starts that goverment has just announced so do you think he will increase our salary or more of a tax rebate once a year
not the best wages but not the worst

New tax threshold starts 6th April. He probably won’t increase your top line wages but you should have more take home pay because of the higher amount that is tax free. An extra £1335 of your top line is tax free this year from April 6th so you get 20% or £267 of that in your pocket.

If he doesn’t increase your take home pay by approximately £5 a week ask him why you’ve had a pay cut of £300 this year and where was the legally required consultation with the staff about the pay cut.

If he doesn’t play ball all of you at your firm need to take him to tribunal.

It dosn’t matter about the legalities. Do people really work for that sort of money? :laughing:
I can’t take this thread very seriously.
This has to be a wind up.

limeyphil:
It dosn’t matter about the legalities. Do people really work for that sort of money? :laughing:

some of us work for a lot less :frowning: its called supply and demand ,lot of people looking for work divided by few jobs = low wages , simple !!

I am always suspicious when people say their salary is £x take home. I would check that he is paying your PAYE for starters. I know some lads who ended up with fat tax bills when employers have put them down as self employed.

From what you have said originally, it would be easier to calculate basic pay, then put bonus and then N/O money (tax free) on top.

syramax:

limeyphil:

some of us work for a lot less :frowning: its called supply and demand ,lot of people looking for work divided by few jobs = low wages , simple !!

Talking to a driver in our yard Friday morning, tramping,before stoppages he’s on £110/day, £23/night out

I’ve just had a tax rebate, but only because 2011-2012 had me earning £10k in one year, so about £7k was tax free, £3k taxed and it was expected for me to earn more than that, so I got some back…

I spent about 4 months on the dole at the beginning of the year and wasn’t as busy as I would have liked.

This year I’ve skipped going on benefits in the new year and have had various work in, about 2-3 days a week. Picking up a bit now but even so, low wages are the norm in driving…

Conor:
New tax threshold starts 6th April. He probably won’t increase your top line wages but you should have more take home pay because of the higher amount that is tax free. An extra £1335 of your top line is tax free this year from April 6th so you get 20% or £267 of that in your pocket.

If he doesn’t increase your take home pay by approximately £5 a week ask him why you’ve had a pay cut of £300 this year and where was the legally required consultation with the staff about the pay cut.

If he doesn’t play ball all of you at your firm need to take him to tribunal.

thanx conor, so does this start 6th april 2013 or next year £10,000 threshold
my basic salary is £350 mon to friday which includes bonus and 2 nights out , which i think the 2 nights out should,nt be included and probally taxed, one driver said we get a tax rebate every year probally for the tax on nights out i guess but not sure, so im wondering if he does,nt pay any extra take home pay because its 350 in contract then i will have to wait a full year for another tax rebate.
and yes to some of the posts the wages are,nt best but better than some i normally get anyway net pay because 4 or 5 nights out and weekend work between £400 to £470 take home and i get no ■■■■ like some employers talk to you like ■■■■ , i get on good with boss he knows im a good driver and grafter but only snag with salary could have useless driver on same wage.

who you working for mate?

gothika:
my basic salary is £350 mon to friday which includes bonus and 2 nights out , which i think the 2 nights out should,nt be included and probally taxed, one driver said we get a tax rebate every year probally for the tax on nights out i guess but not sure, so im wondering if he does,nt pay any extra take home pay because its 350 in contract then i will have to wait a full year for another tax rebate.
and yes to some of the posts the wages are,nt best but better than some i normally get anyway net pay because 4 or 5 nights out and weekend work between £400 to £470 take home and i get no [zb] like some employers talk to you like [zb] , i get on good with boss he knows im a good driver and grafter but only snag with salary could have useless driver on same wage.

£10,000 threshold is next year 6th April 2014- 5th April 2015. Currently it is £8105 and that rises to £9440 from April 6th 2013- April 5th 2014.

You need to take a look at your wage slips to see how you’re getting paid. Your employer is legally required to break down the pay on the wageslip so if there are 2 nights out included which are tax free they need to be shown as such on your wageslip.

It all sounds very dodgy to me.

wirralpete:
who you working for mate?

frieght first, i,ve seen 30 drivers start then finish within a year

Conor:

gothika:
and yes to some of the posts the wages are,nt best but better than some i normally get anyway net pay because 4 or 5 nights out and weekend work between £400 to £470 take home and i get no [zb] like some employers talk to you like [zb] , i get on good with boss he knows im a good driver and grafter but only snag with salary could have useless driver on same wage.

£10,000 threshold is next year 6th April 2014- 5th April 2015. Currently it is £8105 and that rises to £9440 from April 6th 2013- April 5th 2014.

You need to take a look at your wage slips to see how you’re getting paid. Your employer is legally required to break down the pay on the wageslip so if there are 2 nights out included which are tax free they need to be shown as such on your wageslip.

Conor:

gothika:

It all sounds very dodgy to me im not sure but think you could be right about dodgy m8