Industrial site signage

Why do they place the site plan and map too close to the road entrance,so when you are trying to read a hundred units you have blocked the road with your trailer,on the bend or a T junction,much to the annoyance of the motorists behind you,most times you can not park up to check out the layout of the estate.

I was delivering to a company in Nuneaton, it got a warehouse A and warehouse B, so as I went through the gate I stopped to look at the map to see where warehouse B was, as I was booked in there 1st. I’d only been stopped for a few seconds when I hear wheels spinning and a horn blasting, next thin this fella stops beside me, gives me a load of abuse for blocking the gate and holding me up. The fella then drives into the car park about 50 yards away and gives it the coffee shaker sign as he walks off, I saw red, blasted the horn to get his attention and jumped out and started marching across the car park, fella sees me coming and quickly pulls his swipe card out and dives in the staff entrance, ■■■■■■.

So yeah Toby, you’ve got a good point, they can get you into all kinds of scrapes :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve noticed this going back over many years. They put them in the most stupid places.
Often I’ve had to drive past, park up, get out & walk back to read it. :imp:

Most of the signs must be 20 years old or more.

Why don’t they sign industrial areas properly with directions to them from all major entry points to the town or city they are in as well as direction boards in appropriate places when you enter the site/industrial zone. You can’t turn a truck around in many places using a three point turn!

Sent from my iPhone using my right index finger!

toby1234abc:
Why do they place the site plan and map too close to the road entrance,so when you are trying to read a hundred units you have blocked the road with your trailer,on the bend or a T junction,much to the annoyance of the motorists behind you,most times you can not park up to check out the layout of the estate.

Because nobody thought!!!

The same logic, or lack of it, goes for building an industrial area at the end of a road and then building houses along the only access road. Next thing, night-time bans on lorry movement. The world is full of geniuses.

fredthered:
Why don’t they sign industrial areas properly with directions to them from all major entry points to the town or city they are in as well as direction boards in appropriate places when you enter the site/industrial zone. You can’t turn a truck around in many places using a three point turn!

Sent from my iPhone using my right index finger!

Probably because the “NIMBYs” dont want their visitors to know they live in a town with dirty great lorries delivering to nasty noisy industrial estates.
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: