Indicators

Are they optional extras on all cars registered South of Reading?

NewLad:

Do you ever get the feeling everything is not going right for you? You need to crack on, other lorrys are not letting you past, cars are not indicating in certain areas? Do you ever reach a point where you just say…“maybe its me” ?

Mike-C:

NewLad:

Do you ever get the feeling everything is not going right for you? You need to crack on, other lorrys are not letting you past, cars are not indicating in certain areas? Do you ever reach a point where you just say…“maybe its me” ?

Possibly maybe it is just me that expects people to notify those around them when they intend to leave a roundabout, change lane, turn into a side road, pull into a layby.

Then again maybe it’s people like you who have made this a normal thing.

I’m sure people think my sat nav tells me where their going.

Indicators.
If they are to idle to stretch out a finger to flick a stalk to make those orange lights flash, I’m to idle to try n read their minds. I therefore just go.
They are welcome to argue with a 44t artic if they like :grimacing:

Simon:
Indicators.
If they are to idle to stretch out a finger to flick a stalk to make those orange lights flash, I’m to idle to try n read their minds. I therefore just go.

Still waiting for that like button. :smiley:

NewLad:
I’m sure people think my sat nav tells me where their going.

LMFAO

Simon:
Indicators.

True, You never know, it might teach them a lesson and it won’t happen again… NOT!!!

:smiley:

NewLad:

Simon:
Indicators.

A like button is a great idea newlad but we don’t want to make it to much like Facebook :frowning:
I like your way of thinking Simon

NewLad:

Yes. Fitted for MOT purposes only and emergency use when the triangle button will be operated by a mechanic, who will be qualified to know when this is necessary.

Drivers are too busy reading, texting, putting on makeup, updating Facebook, Twittering, brushing teeth, shaving, nattering on the mobile, flossing, pouring drinks from flasks, etc to actually stoop to such menial levels as to do anything like manual labour…

irish lorries:

NewLad:

Simon:
Indicators.

A like button is a great idea newlad but we don’t want to make it to much like Facebook :frowning:
I like your way of thinking Simon

We could have a RogerD or Ten4 button then.

Sumsmeister:

NewLad:

Yes. Fitted for MOT purposes only and emergency use when the triangle button will be operated by a mechanic, who will be qualified to know when this is necessary.

Drivers are too busy reading, texting, putting on makeup, updating Facebook, Twittering, brushing teeth, shaving, nattering on the mobile, flossing, pouring drinks from flasks, etc to actually stoop to such menial levels as to do anything like manual labour…

I think you’re wrong tbh, everyone knows the triangle button = park anywhere button. :unamused:

Simon:
Indicators.

I’m the same Simon, especially on roundabouts, if they’ve come from my immediate right, I’ll wait, also if it’s not safe to ‘just go’, but if they’ve got stopping time and have come from anywhere but my immediate right, I’m offski :smiling_imp:

Indicators are generally still fitted to vehicles in the Reading area, I just popped out to check and they’re definitely there.

It’s Basingstoke where it all goes ■■■■ up. Everything is driven angrily, most are battered, filthy, borderline legal, or covered in ‘Heart’ stickers. Lane discipline is unheard of, any kind of suggestion of driving standards are met with a "watchoo lookin’ at, I got hooman rights innit, or just plain old [zb] off’.

Mind you, if I had the misfortune of living on the Souths second biggest council estate, I’d probably be perennially angry…

sadly many car drivers do think they are a optional extra and get out of the idea of using them at anytime due to new criteria layed down by the driving standards agency.

What is deeply worrying now is that they are been taught to only indicators if other road are visible(pedestrians vehicles cyclists) and all this forms part of the Driving test. Easy to see now how indicators become non existant in their use.

They don’t appear to fit them to vehicles in East Anglia, particularly those of German manufacture.

Traffic islands ! My favourite game :smiling_imp: a car obviously turning right but already indicating left to come off the island before he’s even made the manoeuvre :unamused: ! So I pull out :sunglasses: ! Then the argument goes " didn’t you see me " ? & I say " think about this, your turning right, but indicating left " ! Not rocket science is it ! :unamused:

viking35dp:
sadly many car drivers do think they are a optional extra and get out of the idea of using them at anytime due to new criteria layed down by the driving standards agency.

What is deeply worrying now is that they are been taught to only indicators if other road are visible(pedestrians vehicles cyclists) and all this forms part of the Driving test. Easy to see now how indicators become non existant in their use.

This is a fact. And also, they’re not taught to indicate right on a roundabout when going past the 180 junction (ie past straight on), only to indicate left for their exit, which they’re either too busy or just plain forget to do, so end up not indicating at all :smiling_imp:

Who comes up with these bright ideas? I’ve had so many arguments with people, including other truck drivers, that the effort of clicking a little stalk is nothing compared to any mayhem that may be caused if they didn’t see someone who they thought would benefit from their little flashing orange bulb.

Personally, I always indicate, on my bike, in my car, in the truck or whatever, even at 3am to change lane on a motorway, it’s got that much of a habit that I don’t even notice I’m doing it, but I know that I won’t forget to indicate. I have however, been known NOT to indicate when you can see that person who would make your life difficult should your orange flasher come on - you know the ones I mean… Sit behind you for mile upon mile, but you know that if your indicator flashes, they’ll find a sudden burst of speed because they don’t want to be stuck behind a truck… But that burst of speed is only good for approx. 45 - 50’ meaning you have to slow down or brake to drop out behind them.

Its got to the point of such rarity that if a vehicle indicates properly (and positions themselves right in combination), on a roundabout especially, that i now put my hand up in appreciation as i can maintain progress thanks to them.

Yes i am going a bit bonkers, but cos i indicated correctly the other day at Thrapston A14 roundabout, the driver of an FH waved a thanks to me as he breezed through too…maybe we’re all going bonkers.

Where did you hear that from? As far as I am aware this is completely untrue.When doing some types of advanced courses they may use the fact that an indicator is not required if it does not benefit another road user but certainly not for a complete novice.

On the other side of the coin why do some use indicators when it is not necessary?

albion1971:

Where did you hear that from? As far as I am aware this is completely untrue.When doing some types of advanced courses they may use the fact that an indicator is not required if it does not benefit another road user but certainly not for a complete novice.

On the other side of the coin why do some use indicators when it is not necessary?

It’s true, I was told by a driving instructor / HGV driver on the CB during a discussion about the use of indicators.

Point 2, habit, it’s not hard to use an indicator so why not use it all the time, then you won’t NOT use it when required. Read above :unamused:

If you used it when not necessary though i.e. on a motorway at 03:00 and nothing around could it be assumed that you are not aware of your surroundings??

dri-diddly-iver:
If you used it when not necessary though i.e. on a motorway at 03:00 and nothing around could it be assumed that you are not aware of your surroundings??

but if there’s nothing around who the hell would be making assumptions :question: