Indicating

Why do people get on top of a junction before they indicate ?

Bearing in mind you should indicate before you start braking for the turn.

By indicating you are warning those behind that you are about BRAKE.

So many idiots brake then indicate late.

Also on motorway slip roads ( joining motorway ) mainly cars seem to think they can indicate and pull straight on to motorway when they should give way to the right.

Then you have the truck’s that want to overtake on a motorway that indicate and move out instantly. Instead of reading the road ahead and behind early enough.

Laziness and not following what they were taught in training because they now believe they know better :exclamation: :exclamation: :question: :question: :bulb: :bulb:

I find the slip road thing really arrogant.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
Why do people get on top of a junction before they indicate ?

because it to complicated to remember, got other things on our mind, like what for tea, did i pick up the right trailer will i be getting paid this week :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: what are indicators anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Its the people that indicate as they turn “look at me i am turning into your path but its ok cos i have put my indicator on for 2 blinks” :unamused:

Or those that don’t indicate at all, so you end up guessing what they are about to do.

And another thing, I have had 2 trucks pull out right infront of me in 2 days, neither indicated and i was doing the speed limit. Are Silver Astra’s invisible?

not following what they were taught in training because they now believe they know better

I’ve missed something Rog. Drivers have been telling me for years that “you pass your test and then you start learning”. Are you telling me that’s wrong now?? :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

not following what they were taught in training because they now believe they know better

I’ve missed something Rog. Drivers have been telling me for years that “you pass your test and then you start learning”. Are you telling me that’s wrong now?? :laughing: :laughing:

NO - the problem is that after the basic training there is… OH - nowt, except for - you’re on your own, sort it out yourself - hmmmm… “how do I do that?” :exclamation: :exclamation:

So what happens? - either the newly passed driver gets good advice and follows it (but how does the driver know if it’s good?) or gets the wrong advice or follows the bad habits of others… the problems are solvable - compulsory driving assessments and training if necessary - ohh!! - we don’t have that - back to where I started…