Indian truckers?

Since today is Diwali, I was just wondering: Do south Asian truck owners over in Britian “embellish” their rigs in anything like this manner:

Over here, most of the east indian drivers are based in Canada, and are either hauling containers (usually with company trucks) or flatbeds, and they are often Sihkh, and therefore, don’t do very much modification on the trucks. What about over there? Any memorable paint jobs??

There aren’t many Asian truck drivers really, not that I’ve seen…I remember some tippers that were working on a site I delivered too were run by Sikh fellas…they had the symbols (is it a comb and dagger?) on the front of the cabs.

Never seen it Alex, but I wish they did, I think they look great.

I know a couple of Indian drivers, one is our yard shunter and he has no embellishments on his truck, other than the various dents and scrapes it has picked up over it’s long life and the other is another OD at our place who has a new Volvo FH12 Globetrotter XL but it looks just like mine with no extra bits or decoration.

Indian drivers over hear are a minority and given the gay bashing that has reared it’s ugly head again coupled with the huge variety of hate campaigns that raise in popularity from time to time that such a public display of faith would probably be a fast track to A and E. People are suspicious of those christian fish things on cars so it is probably better to err on the side of caution. :cry:

I’m surprised nobody has come up with

All the indians work for cowboy outfits
or
Wont work with cowboys

etc etc etc

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

People are suspicious of those christian fish things on cars so it is probably better to err on the side of caution.

I avoid those fish things like the plague, along with trilbys, rearward facing baseball caps and pipe smokers in cars. They tend to be cocooned in their own little world :confused:

Back in my “Hippy Site” days, we used to put fish stickers on our cars to avoid getting pulled by the law… :wink: …was about as effective as CDs and radar guns, but we felt invincible… :wink: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

on my many journeys to turkey and the middle east i often used to admire the many decorated trucks but they were only for internal use of the countries concerned…afghanistan was another country that had nicely decorated trucks as did iran, iraq, etc,the one in the picture above was typical…especially with the added braking system as seen under the front nearside wheel…the more modern truck had one at the rear wheels too… :laughing:
have a nice day

I met an Indian driver last week, I asked him if I could see his bow and arrow :question: But he said he didn’t carry one with him. He was driving one of the very few old long nosed Scania’s left here, out of NJ as are nearly all old Scania drivers here :exclamation:

Those “fish thingies” are cause for ridicule over there? Gee-they are about as common as dirt over here, only recetly having been surpassed by the yellow ribbon stick-ons.

Of course, there are the humorous versions as well. My favourite one is the fish with little legs that saws “Darwin” inside it…

not so much ridicule as suspicion and caution of the people as they tend to be the overt “lets try and convert everyone” types which despite being a christian nation we’re a secular people soe it doesn’t sit well.
their driving also tends to be rather terrible as a rule.

did you know that the AOG is classified as a sect over here and its american leadership regarded with suspicion by religious leadership and political minds alike, and collect the attention of intelligence services when they visit our shores. not surprised either with some of the leaderships less well known and publicised links with extremist groups and other murky outfits.