Inconsistant site rules

Really does my head in, you would think that every site of one company would have the same rules but no this site I went on today had their own interpretation of them, self tip site where you give them the keys for the truck in exchange for a key for an electric pallet truck, difference was they don’t have a key but still take your truck keys, so when I tipped I asked for my keys back so I can go have a ■■■ and put tacho on break while I wait for them to check my load, response was you can’t and you can’t be on break on our site even when you are waiting for a bay wtf, well the discussion after that comment ended up a bit heated lol, result “banned” from site woohoo.
Never had this problem at any other self tip supermarket rdc before, but sometimes you just know your gonna have some problems with goods in staff, I think this particular staff member is an ex miner and still hates truckers for crossing one of there picket lines years ago lol.
Dunno who they think they are to say you can’t have it on break on there sites cheeky sods.

Yes mate i have met their kind before, and i did actually cross a picket line so have valid reason to use the term. They have no right to refuse your keys once unloaded, especially if you want to put tacho on break…tell them your gonna phone Vosa for clarification…and in future, dont self tip…your a driver, not a warehouse person…theres a good boy. :smiley:

Truck doesn’t move until they give permission, says their risk assessment statement.
And your keys are probably the only mechanism they have to try and enforce that.
So we have a Mexican standoff of Tacho laws verses H&S… :laughing:

I’ve been here hours and now need to log a break. :imp:
Sorry Drive, you can’t have the keys. :cry:

Evil8Beezle:
Truck doesn’t move until they give permission, says their risk assessment statement.
And your keys are probably the only mechanism they have to try and enforce that.

Thing is I doubt it does, I did ask for a copy of their site rules but couldn’t produce one, they don’t swap key for key which is the only reason why they take it so you give it back, the next self tip site don’t have a key for the pallet truck so don’t ask for your keys before you start tipping, they have absolutely no reason to take your key except it is one of their sites have keys which most do, it has nothing to do with h&s as their staff don’t enter the trailer.
Wouldn’t mind so much if he did say sorry drive I can’t give you them yet, I even offered to bring them back after I had been in the cab, but wouldn’t have it and was the way he did say what set me off on one with him.

truckyboy:
Yes mate i have met their kind before, and i did actually cross a picket line so have valid reason to use the term. They have no right to refuse your keys once unloaded, especially if you want to put tacho on break…tell them your gonna phone Vosa for clarification…and in future, dont self tip…your a driver, not a warehouse person…theres a good boy. :smiley:

I was gonna mention militant ex miners but would of probably had the truck bricked by some of his num friends on the way out of the area haha, think it’s still a touchy subject in certain parts of the country.
Already had it clarified by them in the past, I would say I don’t mind doing it but not when their staff are going to treat drivers like scum, and because it has been going on for over 20 years nothing will ever change because hauliers are to scared to say anything, would even go as far as sacking the driver for doing what I said resulting in a ban.

Evil8Beezle:

Have had this many times at a certain dc I visit.
Need your keys before you tip.
Fine I say please sign here. Here and here…soon upsets them when I ask them to sign for my puddle jumper.
But as I am responsible for it and the load. I run it on my rules.
Not been banned. Mainly as if they ban me. No store maintenance takes place. As I deliver the toilets. Pipes. Taps etc …
No tipping with out me… if you get the drift.

Schoolboy error. Always make sure one key or fob accidently slips off the keyring prior to handing them over, and never vocalise your intention to visit your wagon…

Don’t tell 'em Pike :wink:

eagerbeaver:
Schoolboy error. Always make sure one key or fob accidently slips off the keyring prior to handing them over, and never vocalise your intention to visit your wagon…

You mean like My Merc Actros has the large card fob for starting also contains a remote but I also have old school key that does fuel cap and fits door lock as well

Just tell them, no, you cannot have my keys, [zb] off,
Sapper

eagerbeaver:

^
This
I wouldnt hand my keys over to anyone let alone the jobsworth warehouse cabbage.
If you really do have to hand the keys over make sure its just the one and if they dont like it drop the trailer on the bay and un couple. Stick a pin lock on it so the shunter cant move it either, it’ll soon get tipped/loaded…

AndrewG:

eagerbeaver:

^
This
I wouldnt hand my keys over to anyone let alone the jobsworth warehouse cabbage.
If you really do have to hand the keys over make sure its just the one and if they dont like it drop the trailer on the bay and un couple. Stick a pin lock on it so the shunter cant move it either, it’ll soon get tipped/loaded…

Your in for a shock when you come visit us in blighty lol

eagerbeaver:

Normally I would, but its now U/S.

bertiebus:

Evil8Beezle:

Have had this many times at a certain dc I visit.
Need your keys before you tip.
Fine I say please sign here. Here and here…soon upsets them when I ask them to sign for my puddle jumper.
But as I am responsible for it and the load. I run it on my rules.
Not been banned. Mainly as if they ban me. No store maintenance takes place. As I deliver the toilets. Pipes. Taps etc …
No tipping with out me… if you get the drift.

So, you want my keys, to possibly drive my wagon…■■? :open_mouth:

I’d be asking if they have the licence / insurance etc too…

AndrewG:

eagerbeaver:

^
This

Oh, the trailer will be tipped quick enough. But what is that you say drive? A trailer is blocking your trailer? I don’t know, I’ll ask one of the shunters… No, can’t get hold of them. They may be on tea break. Or dinner break. Or a union meeting.

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

eagerbeaver:

^
This

Oh, the trailer will be tipped quick enough. But what is that you say drive? A trailer is blocking your trailer? I don’t know, I’ll ask one of the shunters… No, can’t get hold of them. They may be on tea break. Or dinner break. Or a union meeting.

Just use your solo unit to shift it :laughing:

weeto:

truckyboy:

I was gonna mention militant ex miners but would of probably had the truck bricked by some of his num friends on the way out of the area haha, think it’s still a touchy subject in certain parts of the country.
Already had it clarified by them in the past, I would say I don’t mind doing it but not when their staff are going to treat drivers like scum, and because it has been going on for over 20 years nothing will ever change because hauliers are to scared to say anything, would even go as far as sacking the driver for doing what I said resulting in a ban.

At least the miners had the balls to have a go,do you think drivers are ever going to stand together for anything, no I don’t think so either.

Or drop the trailer and sit in front of it then no one else will try to pick it up.

I had this once - sorry, mate can’t tip you ‘cos the new holiday planner has gone up on the wall an’ evvybodies arguing who’s havin’ what - I kid you not.

Had to sit like a plank for 25 minutes watching the wind flapping my opened curtains about :imp:

Easiest thing to do, is go down a scrap yard and get a set of keys (with no name on them) for a crushed car and just hand them in when your tipping and then you won’t have that problem. The other way is, to put on a bay and have your break whilst tipping or to have your break before going in or have it after coming out.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

lizard:
Easiest thing to do, is go down a scrap yard and get a set of keys (with no name on them) for a crushed car and just hand them in when your tipping and then you won’t have that problem. The other way is, to put on a bay and have your break whilst tipping or to have your break before going in or have it after coming out.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Self tipping on a bay on break is just asking for trouble, this isn’t about taking a legal break, aldi dont allow you to take them on site, it’s about them saying your not allowed to have the tacho on break when your waiting for bay/paperwork and this is the only site iv’e been on that has come out with this b/s because they are to thick to understand their own site rules, the same with the keys but drivers being drivers they don’t have the balls to question their stupidity, but hey ho i’m supposedly banned off that site now so all is good.