Inconsiderate changeovers

Yeh I know it,s been discussed to death on here :blush: , but why are some drivers doing changeovers, totally inconsiderate towards other drivers who are asleep, I arrived late at Crewe t/stop last night about 9 30, the caff was shut, so rather than put the microwave on so late ( where I have to be on tickover for 15mins to maintain the charge :unamused: ) I decided to walk down to the pub for a meal and a pint, when I came back about an hour later a driver from the Irish fridge outfit who park there, had picked up his trailer and was sat doing his paperwork with his motor running, don,t know how long he had been there, but he was still sat there 15mins later, he could clearly see motors all around him with curtains drawn but he was totally oblivious to them. Then you get the knobs who change over and stand shouting and laughing to each other and then leave with a blast on the horns to each other :open_mouth: are these guys just inconsiderate by nature or just thick as pig sh. There,s got to be some of you on here so can you explain.

I,m alright jack, pull the ladder up. :slight_smile:

i dont use crater parks but surely the easiest solution seeing as your still awake is to jump out of the cab and have a word?

If you want peace & quiet, buy an island, until that time comes, you just have to put up with it, or do the smart thing and wear ear plugs :wink:

bubsy06:
i dont use crater parks but surely the easiest solution seeing as your still awake is to jump out of the cab and have a word?

I have done a couple of times in the past, just got the “sorry mate” :unamused: but whats the point when you have already been woke up ( and I,m not a pretty sight stood in my undercrackers :laughing: ) Am I a bit slow but didn,t get the crater park bit, are you referring to the parking surface at Crewe? because it,s concrete

Of course drivers just like to ■■■■ the the other ones off, it has nothing to do with the transport office arranging a suitable (for them) place. Transport is a 24 hour operation, so someone somewhere will be sleeping when a factory hooter sounds, a fire engine goes past or a hoodie of chavs gather round the cab with some cans and a few rizlas.

If you park up in a lorry park, you can expect other lorries to be moving around in it, coming, going or running the engine to watch ■■■■. To be honest it doesn’t need to be a lorry, just three ■■■■■■ drivers from another company demonstrating how far they can ■■■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

robroy:

bubsy06:

I have done a couple of times in the past, just got the “sorry mate” :unamused: but whats the point when you have already been woke up ( and I,m not a pretty sight stood in my undercrackers :laughing: ) Am I a bit slow but didn,t get the crater park bit, are you referring to the parking surface at Crewe? because it,s concrete

never used crewe services, majority i used i needed a ladder to get from my cab back up onto the tarmac :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
Of course drivers just like to ■■■■ the the other ones off, it has nothing to do with the transport office arranging a suitable (for them) place. Transport is a 24 hour operation, so someone somewhere will be sleeping when a factory hooter sounds, a fire engine goes past or a hoodie of chavs gather round the cab with some cans and a few rizlas.

If you park up in a lorry park, you can expect other lorries to be moving around in it, coming, going or running the engine to watch ■■■■. To be honest it doesn’t need to be a lorry, just three ■■■■■■ drivers from another company demonstrating how far they can ■■■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

Take your point mate, maybe it,s just me being old fashioned, but a bit of empathy and courtesy between drivers seems to be lacking,( can,t speak for chavs, firemen or factory workers though :confused: )

Try working nights and sleeping during the day. Its even worse the inconsiderate noise!

Or try this,telephone the number on the side of the trucks involved as I once did at Tot Hill services 0n the a34.Two herberts at 3 am giving us their changeover routine at maximum volume,quick call to their transport manager to thank his gallant men for ruining the kip of us all etc.The bloke was literally speechless upon receiving a spleen full at that delicate hour of day…don’t get mad,get even.

i once had the misfortune of having to night out at thurrock one friday,when a couple of locusts who were parked close by decided to have a bit of a knees up right under my front window.
before i left next morning at about 03.30 i repeatedly opened and slammed my door for a few minutes.probably did`nt achieve much i know,but i left with a smile on my face :sunglasses:

att:
If you want peace & quiet, buy an island, until that time comes, you just have to put up with it, or do the smart thing and wear ear plugs :wink:

This^

msgyorkie:
Try working nights and sleeping during the day. Its even worse the inconsiderate noise!

and this^.

It’s very simple : if you can’t sleep with general noise going on around you then don’t ■■■■■■■ do nights out and stay at home in peace and quiet. :unamused:

Rob K:

att:

This^

msgyorkie:

and this^.

It’s very simple : if you can’t sleep with general noise going on around you then don’t [zb] do nights out and stay at home in peace and quiet. :unamused:

Cheers Rob, your wisdom knows no bounds :unamused: , you should start your own “agony Uncle forum” for the inquisitive and suicidal…“ASK ROB” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

msgyorkie:

Maybe it’s drivers getting their own back for the Tossers who have no consideration for the night lads asleep in the day!! :grimacing:

Works both ways 'innit!! :wink:

whinging princesses, harden up a bit youre supposed to be truck drivers, if you cant sleep with road noise / truck movement noise / people noise after a days work then youre in the wrong job

sleep is for wimps. innit

Try the US or Canadian truck stops… never silent, always engines running all around.

BTW: I refused to do a changeover at Leicester Forest services whilst working for one company as there were drivers with curtains closed nearby.