Inbound covid testing could be coming soon

bbc.co.uk/news/business-56531330

What was the policy for a positive on the outbound testing? Quarantine in cab or just not allowed to board the ferry?

If you are already over the water then fail a test parking you up like a vosa prohibition would seem the only way to make the test worthwhile, though no fun for the driver.

njl:
Lorry drivers 'must expect Covid test to enter UK' - BBC News

What was the policy for a positive on the outbound testing? Quarantine in cab or just not allowed to board the ferry?

If you are already over the water then fail a test parking you up like a vosa prohibition would seem the only way to make the test worthwhile, though no fun for the driver.

When having covid tests at m-way services etc- the instructions were to remain in cab for the half hour waiting for result. If positive use phone contact on form and await a visit.
I would assume further testing first?
They would arrange quarantine if necessary… I understood that to be transport to your own home if in UK, or a quarantine hotel if you’re foreign national. You (or employer) would be paying for that.
Can’t see how you could isolate for 10(?) days in a cab? That might have happened in the first weeks, but can’t see that happening now.
Fortunately I’ve not found out the details from experience. Jabbing swabs in my facial orifices is sufficient, ta.