In wagon wifi

Just wondering if anyone uses these in car wifi doohickeymajigs. The type that plug into one of the cigerette lighters.

sick of struggling to get my phone to work as a hotspot and chewing up my data. also is there any difference in signal from my phone provider(02) awful btw currently going through the complaints procedure. or will it just be the same kind of coverage.

was wondering which was the best if theyre worth looking into. asked a bloke in the services who was flogging one and he wanted £100 for 24 gigabollocks seemed a bit steep to me. and he didnt say if it renewed monthly or that was all you got.

im after using it to stream music while driving and films when parked up.

cheers in advance.

CMG

I use a Huawei 4G MIFI dongle with a data SIM, 3 do a 20GB of data SIM per month for £13

whats the coverage like?

The SIM I have is an EE one that work provide but I get really good coverage, better than the older 3G only MIFI unit I had previously. I can stream shows on Showbox or iPlayer without any problems, the only place it struggled was in some remote parts of Wales but I couldn’t get a phone signal either.

If you wanted to try out a network you could always get a pre loaded pay as you go type sim and see what coverage you get, not the cheapest way to get your data but once you figure out which network is best you can then get a contract SIM if you want.

yeah thats a good shout. its more the doohickey router thing im unsure about not so much the sim.

The MIFI unit itself is great, it charges off the same cable as my phone and will run for hours between charges - just make sure you get a 4G one whichever make you get

nice one. really appriciate it. thanks

I’ve had unlimited wifi hotspot on iPhone for a few years and not really had a problem, I’ve also had a 3 wifi dongle which also had limited problem with signal.
The worst thing is being parked up at night in an area which has a load of other drivers parked up for the night, like the large industrial area at Huntingdon there is only a limited amount of bandwidth to go around so gets really slow, I prefer to park away from the majority of other overnighters just to get a decent download speed.
Top tip, if you ever find yourself parked close enough to a maccy d’s, there free wifi is plenty fast enough to stream TV etc, but won’t let you stream ■■■■.

weeto:
Top tip, if you ever find yourself parked close enough to a maccy d’s, there free wifi is plenty fast enough to stream TV etc, but won’t let you stream ■■■■.

Holy McCockblock that’s not on at all, I suppose for the ■■■■ addicts out there who like a cream pie with their quarter pounder there are ways round it.

I’ll give it a miss though as I’m currently getting good coverage from my 4g jobby phone thingy and tether it to me tablet.

Dipper_Dave:

weeto:

Holy McCockblock that’s not on at all, I suppose for the ■■■■ addicts out there who like a cream pie with their quarter pounder there are ways round it.

An openbox set top box with wifi dongle* & satellite dish stuck on the mirror arm is a perfect solution for the ■■■■ addicts, though I’m told the ■■■■ on sky doesn’t start until after 10 past 10. So most of you will be tucked up in bed at that time.

*The set top box only uses a few Mb of data for the card share, and the tv signal/image isn’t streamed over the Internet