In Shock

in over 40 years on the road, I still can’t believe what happened in front of me on the M25 this morning.
I was only driving a crafter van and and had just come out of the tunnel clockwise,when, at the end of the M11 split, in the outside lane, 3 cars in front about 100 yds ahead, suddenly they all stopped dead, they had come to a stop just before the split where the cones seperate the M11 sliproad from the M25, I braked hard hit the hazard lights, just managed to stop, when the first car , a red Mondeo did a full 90 degree turn to the left and went off down towards the M11, so if you were on that stretch about 7.30 ish that was why it all came to a stop.

Insurance scam maybe ?

That happened to me last week but it was a little suzuki not a mondeo same place and about the same time though.

Cash for crash… Hmm. If anyone thought a sudden stop in fast-flowing M25 traffic was a good idea, they don’t realise that one good hit up the arse by any vehicle heavier than them (ie most of the other traffic!) is going to break their pelvis minimum right upto what the police call he was killed outright which translates as “there were several pieces around we had to put in a bag to provide some coffin contents”.

Screens up, motorway closed in both directions, wrecked vehicle has number plate black taped over, protect dignity of the pieces being picked up and all that…

Do you really think anyone is dumb enough to try and pull a stroke like that on purpose for themselves? :open_mouth:

Had something similar happen to me last week but was on the A19 I was heading north 2 cars coming down the slip 1st car slowed down as I was in inside lane couldn’t move as car coming up on the outside car number 2 just comes onto A19 & stops to let 1st car out needles to say I hit brakes & horn partly moved into 2nd lane but still stopped

Lady in car 2 did get quite a shock when she turned to see my so close but she soon used her right foot on other pedal

When I got back to dept told tm he was fine about it said he would check tyres but at least we knew the breaks worked :smiley: