In memory of micky

i have just read the story about micky and his proffessionalism and the award he recieved posthumously. i am new to this forum and to driving trucks and this has shocked me beyond belief. i hope that the judge in this case brings the FULL weight of the law to bear on this yob 19 year old who does not deserve any leniency whatsoever. he lives while a hard working man who is helping to deliver goods maybe even to HIS local shop has been taken from his family. i urge all truckers to try to influence this case as much as possible by wearing a black arm band on 12 jan when this idiot comes to court.

I think this affected us all very badly, simply by the randomness of its effect.

If the accused is found to be guilty, then I hope the court does hand out an appropriate sentence.

However, Im not optimistic. Im sure the usual attitude will prevail.

“Ah well, it was only a truck driver”

Whatever they think in the Crown Court, we won`t ever share their attitude and will always remember how, even in his death throes, his instinctive reaction was to get his truck onto the hard shoulder, the better to protect his fellow road user.

Gone, but not forgotten.

Vince

And an example to us all. The “Knight of the Road” spirit is not dead, even in these stressed days.

gearjammer:
i have just read the story about micky and his proffessionalism and the award he recieved posthumously. i am new to this forum and to driving trucks and this has shocked me beyond belief. i hope that the judge in this case brings the FULL weight of the law to bear on this yob 19 year old who does not deserve any leniency whatsoever. he lives while a hard working man who is helping to deliver goods maybe even to HIS local shop has been taken from his family. i urge all truckers to try to influence this case as much as possible by wearing a black arm band on 12 jan when this idiot comes to court.

never seen the story can you tell me where you read it.

KitKat,If you go to the Transport News forum and look at the first Headline ‘In memory of Mickey’ This will give you the story of what happened.

BryanH:
KitKat,If you go to the Transport News forum and look at the first Headline ‘In memory of Mickey’ This will give you the story of what happened.

cheers mate

Well, on the 12th of Jan, I will be doing my training for my class one licence at the ford Truck fleet in Dagenham, so I can drive for the Ford truck fleet, which is where micky drove. I am sure there will be a very sobering feeling around the place on that particular monday, but I might just make gearjammer’s suggestion on the arm bands… I’ll let you know how it goes…

andy, good luck for your class 1 mate,that is my ultimate goal as well. i would be interested to know how the black arm bands go, i will be wearing one.
cheers
jason “gearjammer” gavin