In cab Tv

How do you watch tv in your cabs? I’ve bought myself a small 7inch tv of ebay works ok thru my house roof aerial but can’t get a picture of the portable aerial it comes with I’m thinking about a cheap laptop but do the tv USB sticks work on these? Any thoughts or what you do to watch tv would be greatly appreciated?

alrite m8 go argos buy colour 19 inch flat screen .then buy any truckstop digital tv aeriel /a plug in cigarette 300watt inverter and away u go and u pick up freeview as well best when u park to stick aeriel out sunroof or window gd luck :smiley:

I have a flat screen tv/dvd/freeview combo 240 volts which i power’d with a 24v 300w inverter no problem.
I also watch sky go through the laptop or a film which i download over the weekend.
The truck now has a 2000w inverter fitted so it’s no problem to power most electrical item’s, ie microwave, toaster, travel kettle etc.
Shop around for an ariel mate :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

When parked up on break I use film on through my mobile.

I got fed up with all the tv malarkey. Always mucking about with aerials and ending up with a crap picture and wires everywhere. Download programs on the Pad now, life’s good :wink:

each to there own i geuss :smiley:

When I had the daf I had my 16 inch free view TV with built in DVD on a homemade mount that slotted into the storage slot above the passenger door working off an Omnimax areial (the best you can get IMO) and a 600 watt inverter. Never failed to get a picture or at least 80+ channels. Chill out laid on the bed and watch TV or a dvd :smiley:
Had the areial attached to a telescopic brush pole I bought from B&Q, so I could extend it above the cab and trailer to get a better reception. You can buy an areial pole from B&Q for £8 what the Omnimax will slot straight onto.

Snooper S7000 & S8000 sat nav’s have tv’s.

Check the input voltage of the TV as I have in the past chopped of the three pin plug transformer and put a ciggie lighter type plug on the end therefore getting rid of the need for an inverter.