In cab entertainment

Using phone at the minute, but thinking of a tablet.
Not a tramper, so need to empty truck, at end of shift
Any suggestions?
Think it will be mainly movies, tv programs etc

But cheap buy twice or more with a tablet.

Min 64gb storage and 2 gig of ram and decent graphics chip for watching videos. Some of the cheaper ones with lesser specs tend to lag a bit.

As for Android vs IOS personal choice but you will pay a premium for IOS devices.

A lot of what you want to intend to use it for wil dictate your brand choice. As will previous other devices you may have be it Android or IOS.

And also whether you want a sim capable device or not will also factor into the equation. Or whether you have enough data on your phone plan and can tether your mobile data of you want to watch streaming services on the tablet.

what are you using?
was thinking about a galaxy 7a lite
Im not upto date with tech
On my phone i sometimes use skygo, but just gave my notice to cancel sky.
Was looking for something for movies/ tv programs, music, possible skygo
Got plenty of data on my plan

Also have a truck with just fm stations, anyway to make it DAB radio thats anygood

I have a Huawei P30 Pro and Matepad Pro tablet. But then again I’ve always gone for outsiders mostly, due to high specs for a lesser price mostly. Always had HTC phones before as well.

I’ve used Samsung devices and they are good as well but I just don’t like Samsung’s UI personally and find them more clunky to use myself.

I’ve owned an iPhone in the past and used iPads extensively as well. Being tied into Apples ecosystem and the restrictions on what you can and can’t do with them, including paying for extra storage etc instead of adding a SD card for extra storage means it’s a no from me.

As I said when it comes to brand that will be a personal choice, but get something decent on the first place with appropriate specs. The better the processor, more storage and more ram the better it will generally be all told.

I use a…

Samsung Galaxy Tab with a 10 inch screen. It’s set up with the hot-spot from my phones internet connection. It’s been trouble free for over 5 years now.

It can pump out yer choons via bluetooth or aux plug, display traffic hold ups and tells me when my dishwasher has finished at home.

I did try a Lenovo yoga but that died not long after the warranty ran out.

Various options for DAB in truck dependant on what radio it has and functionality.

Either a bolt on DAB receiver or use your phone if it truck radio has Bluetooth streaming and rather than DAB use BBC sounds app and various other Internet radio players of your choice.

I’d also go for a 10" tablet over a smaller one myself.

The A7 lite specs seem OK for the price but having never actually used one can’t say how good it would be in real world use.

Although 720p and low pixel density would be a no for me.

What phone do you currently use?

Also when you say plenty of data do you mean unlimited or are you limited?

As if streaming radio and videos you will be surprised how much data you will use up and very quickly unless you watch stuff at low resolution.

A clean sock and a signed picture of Kathy Staff……

Norfolkinclue1:

Ewwww and…

Ewwww.

If tramping in Spain fill your boots in the clubs and have a few a night or two together for a set price.

use a samsung phone
Limited data but never come close to using it.
Sometime use skygo which uses no/little data, but given notice to sky, not worth the money to me anymore
Used to watch live football/rugby, but don’t get that time free anymore.
i watch movies / tv programs, mainly pre recorded stuff, just wanna see it a bit bigger , phone is 5.5’’ screen
Now thinking of this one SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A7 10.4" Tablet - 32 GB or the cheaper LENOVO Tab M10 10.1"
Do these take phone sims in them .

The radio from a merc actros, never find anything to listen to on fm anymore(nights) , bought a cheap mp3 with aux, but can only hear interference on it. (works on other type of trucks)
I stream music direct from my phone at the minute, but not easy for volume control when driving.

What network are you on?

Tab A7 is better spec wise.

Id still want 64gb storage on board myself mind minimum.

Yes they both are available with sim card versions.

Got the galaxy a7 tablet
looks good, just like my samsung phone
some reason the lte(cell) version was cheaper .

Not sure what to get for the actros radio
Looking at a car/bike shop online the dab adapter , are expensive
anyone use it in a actros, Only thing i’ve used in the aux didnt work, just interference noise

Not sure what to get for the actros radio
Looking at a car/bike shop online the dab adapter , are expensive
anyone use it in a actros, Only thing i’ve used in the aux didnt work, just interference noise
[/quote]
Get something like this plenty on Amazon or Ebay .Just make sure you get a mag aerial the windscreen aerials
that comes with them are rubbish.Dont get the pure 200/400/600 them one cannot use the mag aerial only windscreen ones.

amazon.co.uk/TKMARS-Bluetoo … 070&sr=8-6

Just got a second hand DVD player not got a remote box though !

Anyone got any idear’s how to mount a tab , so i can watch from the bunk
putting it on the stearing wheel at the moment (when not driving).

Norfolkinclue1:

…Googles Kathy Staff… Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww :blush: …loses all ■■■■■■ appetite!