In cab cooking.

I’ve become so bored with heating the usual (curry,chilli etc etc), I want some suggestions of what you lot cook or rustle up in your cab. I want a microwave so I can bring leftovers from home but too expensive so will just have to do with my stove for now. Or is it actually worth buying a double stove to broaden my in cab culinary skills?!?! Look forward to your replies!

Have a nose at Luke “he on this forum not sure his name” video on you tube
Lorry driver “will dig one out” he often cooks in some of his video and there are funny as ■■■■ :smiley:

Edit

Video link
youtube.com/watch?v=3DKoUT8B … ata_player

Have a nose thru his videos

Legend_Scania:
Have a nose at Luke “he on this forum not sure his name” video on you tube
Lorry driver “will dig one out” he often cooks in some of his video and there are funny as [zb] :smiley:

Edit

Video link
youtube.com/watch?v=3DKoUT8B … ata_player

Have a nose thru his videos

that would be Switchlogic :wink:

I asked the same question on here in the health and family section not long back but had no response.
My 1st meal of the week I usually fetch some mash potato (sometimes with cheese or spring onions in with it) and heat it up in the saucepan, you just need to keep stirring it and maybe put a drop of water or milk in to stop it sticking. I have that with maybe cold meat left over from the sunday roast and some pickle or maybe chops or sausages. A bit of gravy made in the mug is another option. Its a doddle really, you just need some imagination and commitment.

Cheapest way for a microwave is to get a decent inverter 1500w should be plenty (others may disagree) available on fleabay for around the £80-100 mark, then get the cheapest microwave you can find from Asda/Tosco/Sainsbugs etc , Ive seen them for as little as £29.

24v microwave are about £200-250 and have hardly enough power to warm a pasty.

advantage of this is you can also run a decent size TV/power tools/hoover etc on the same inverter (although probably not at the same time :smiley: )

skids:
Its a doddle really, you just need some imagination and commitment.

Thats the problem isn’t it. By the time i’ve done a 15 hour shift and parking up at 9pm the last thing on my mind is to start cooking a hearty meal. Unfortunately this is where ‘convenience’ food such as chippy, kebab shops come in and therefore my wasteline has been expanding rapidly!

skids:
I asked the same question on here in the health and family section not long back but had no response.
My 1st meal of the week I usually fetch some mash potato (sometimes with cheese or spring onions in with it) and heat it up in the saucepan, you just need to keep stirring it and maybe put a drop of water or milk in to stop it sticking. I have that with maybe cold meat left over from the sunday roast and some pickle or maybe chops or sausages. A bit of gravy made in the mug is another option. Its a doddle really, you just need some imagination and commitment.

It sounds really tasty, but your user name is giving me cause for concern… :cry: :laughing: :laughing:

Get yourself one of these… tesco.com/direct/campingaz-c … pageLevel= a cracking price seeing as Go Outdoors want £60.00 for the same.

Watch Switchlogics videos for some inspiration, but it really not takes 20mins to knock up some pasta and a sauce to go with it, or a nice juicy steak and chips.

Andy smg:

skids:

It sounds really tasty, but your user name is giving me cause for concern… :cry: :laughing: :laughing:

Ha ha, trust me you have no worries! My surname is Marks so that is where the nickname comes from.

skids:

Andy smg:

skids:

Ha ha, trust me you have no worries! My surname is Marks so that is where the nickname comes from.

LOL…Nice one. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I used to do stirfrys in the cab used to keep a bag of ready prepared in my fridge a suce sachet and some noodles and chicken or fish 10 mins on the hob job done.

bacon and eggs.
make sure you are parked up near people eating crappy sandwiches, and put your window down. then get the bacon smell wafting towards them.
it’s like a bisto advert en masse.

limeyphil:
bacon and eggs.
make sure you are parked up near people eating crappy sandwiches, and put your window down. then get the bacon smell wafting towards them.

:smiley: :smiley:

Or a nice bit of Steak :stuck_out_tongue:

Better cook outside like the Eastern European,as you have all over in Cab Oil sparking and smell.
Its anywhy illegal to cook during driving.So,it makes no Sense doing it.

Boil up some pasta mix it drain mix it with pasta sauce then job done

Omelette is very quick and easy. Ditto bangers and mash or any meat chop or chicken breast with stir in sauce and rice/pasta/instant mash.

TBH I’m usually too knackered to cook and clean up so just buy a packet of skips :confused:

limeyphil:
bacon and eggs.

Now that’s just plain nasty. Funny, but nasty.

Immigrant:
Better cook outside like the Eastern European,as you have all over in Cab Oil sparking and smell.

Is that from the trailer locker or on the back of the truck :smiley:

Immigrant:

From the trailer locker or off the back of the cab :smiley:

See the chairs was like a little picnic :slight_smile:

Legend_Scania:

Immigrant:

From the trailer locker or off the back of the cab :smiley:

See the chairs was like a little picnic :slight_smile:

Cooking alfresco to the smell of truckers ■■■■