In Cab CCTV

I’m going to start selling black marker pens as this seems to be the most popular solution if the cb chat is to be believed.
:smiley:

I know for a fact that I could not operate as usual from a psychological point of view…I am a thinker and to have this intrusion would affect my behaviour, quite how, I have a good idea and it would not be in a positive way.

The reason why drivers do not want this, is because they are human beings and to be constantly watched does have harmful psychological effects on most people…If they say it does not, then they already will have some sort of psychological issue.

Love the DHL signs in management speak:- “This vehicle has image capturing equipment.” (What like a camera you mean)

Check out Europa vehicles when they “PASS” you. One either side facing to the rear, one on dash facing forward and one in cab facing driver…

Out of order filming the driver in the cab.

I would turn round and go home if I arrived to do a shift in a truck with a camera in it that faces inwards. Not a chance I would do it. ■■■■ that!

The best bit about driving is getting away from the bell ends in the office. No way I’d have them watching me all day!! :grimacing:

I’m a london bus driver.
We have cctv on us all the time.
Even if you have an accident that is not your fault, the company will view the cctv and if you have done anything wrong, IE, one hand on steering wheel, eating, drinking, smoking, etc etc.

Those of you who say you won’t drive a lorry with it fitted, you’ll be out of a job.

Stobart have them they don’t complain infact they’ve gone the extra mile and a normal dash cam isn’t good enough they stick a whole camera crew in with them :laughing: maybe they want to start there own tv show

dowahdiddyman:
What aiways puzzles me is why companies feel the need to spy on drivers like this,if they don`t trust them then rid them!.

+1

I wouldn’t be happy about it, but I’d be going down the misinformation route. “Well I heard in the office this morning…” and fabricate a complete load of old bull.

rambo19:
I’m a london bus driver.
Even if you have an accident that is not your fault, the company will view the cctv and if you have done anything wrong, IE, one hand on steering wheel, eating, drinking, smoking, etc etc.

Those of you who say you won’t drive a lorry with it fitted, you’ll be out of a job.

You’re missing a couple of very important points.

1)We’re not London bus drivers.
2) I would walk. Always an old school firm that won’t fanny about with such silliness. I work for a couple that still don’t know you can get lorries with auto gearboxes… :laughing:

…what next? Hi-Viz underpants?

Things being the way they are some unfortunate regardless of Data Protection or whatever will end up on YouTube mimicking his boss or bragging on the phone to someone about shagging a planners missis. Wear fancy dress I say!

Truckulent:

rambo19:
I’m a london bus driver.

You’re missing a couple of very important points.

1)We’re not London bus drivers.
2) I would walk. Always an old school firm that won’t fanny about with such silliness. I work for a couple that still don’t know you can get lorries with auto gearboxes… :laughing:

Where do you think this idea comes from?
Transport companies have seen the cctv in buses and seen how much money it has saved them in claims.

Ocado use them in all their vehicles, vans & LGVs. SmartDrive system. Forward, cab and sound capable. Most drivers hated them (almost all the van drivers). They went off under harsh braking/cornering and if you hit a pothole/drain/kerb etc. Recorded 15 seconds before activation and 15 seconds after onto an sd card.

they can only use the footage and sound file incase of an incident and can’t use it for spying on the driver

Correct, but in a setup which doesn’t continually record like the one I’ve outlined they’re quite within the law to monitor all recorded activations and if you happen to have braked harshly whilst reading your map, being talked into a place on the blower or picking your schnozz then your off for a rollocking. Many disciplinaries and some sackings occurred as well as a few people being cleared of blame in bumps.

I’d rather have something I can see and know about though. Me and a mate found covert pinholes in 4 vans a few years back. Very naughty indeed… :open_mouth:

Looked like a ■■■ burn

DVR storage unit

The company I work for have forward facing video cameras. Their reasoning for this is to combat the ever rising amount of fraudulent insurance claims although some folk argue most accidents involving trucks are either to the rear or the sides. Our camera’s do not record audio and my opinion on the ones which do is a total breack of the drivers human rights never mind data protection. We have trackers spying on our ever move ( a similar sort of thing the government do to criminals by use of tagging orders ) but to be spying on private conversations is just a step too far. In McCarthy era America these bosses would be strapped in the Electric Chair and executed as communists!!! Soon they will be able to tell you if you ■■■■ in the cab!!!

CB talk today that forward facing and in cab cctv isn’t allowed in RAF Brize Norton??

Probably hiding/storing some sort of sensitive equipment on site?

Retired Old ■■■■:
Probably hiding/storing some sort of sensitive equipment on site?

Which I noted whilst watching the Sky One documentary. Spotted several areas they didn’t mention…
:wink:

when our new units arrive next year, they are likely to have 6 cameras in use,
1 forward face
2 rear face on either wing
1 looking at the 5th wheel
1 inside the trailer
and 1 rear view on trailer
that said tho, the union junped all over the driver snooper they wanted in the cabs
and got them removed on the 2 test combinations,
so all the night cossdresser trunkers are safe…for now… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Name and shame these companies, im same as truckulent if I got to a job and they had inward facing cameras I would either go home or get out the gaffer tape.

At our place , agency driver has a bump , tm downloads the sd card and two lads got sacked one for using the phone whilst driving one for road rage / swearing at another road user , first guy was spotted through the reflection in the window screen with outward facing camera recording 15 seconds before 15 after.