In Cab Camera - what do you lot recommand?

I am in the market for a in cab camera to watch outside to protect myself and my insurance for the car and camper - I suppose one of the growing trends in the biking and peddle groups… I will also be taking it to work on the trunks too as one of the handy tools to have to back my corner if anything wrong happens out on the roads. So to work on 24/12v would be great

Looking for one that could do GPS location and speed if it could if thats a option? But must work at night time (IR LED’s)

Any recommadations?

Ask Angus mcplod, he has one that gets results :sunglasses:

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

Sorry - not going to ask any pig in hi-vis jacket :wink:

No - serious question though as I want to drop my insurance bill come renewal time (considering it cost me £500+ to get the bus on camper insurance for the year)

Search DVR camera on EBay.

Some cheap, some mega expensive!
I’m looking at one for around £40 which looks good.

Also look at the forsale section of this site as a guy was selling some tv screens and cameras. £150 I think and covered a few different places at once.

are digital images be it still photo or video admissable as evidence in a court case? i was under the maybe misguided impression that as digital imaging could be altered quite easily they were inadmissable as evidence :question:

These- ebay.co.uk/itm/HGV-24V-24-VO … 1e6829b6de
seem to be very good for the money and there’s some video’s of em in action on Youtube if you do a search. They are also compatible with 24VOLT, i know because i asked :wink:

green456:
are digital images be it still photo or video admissable as evidence in a court case? i was under the maybe misguided impression that as digital imaging could be altered quite easily they were inadmissable as evidence :question:

I’ve no idea how much weight a video carries in court but I imagine 95+% of people would probably stop arguing when faced with damning video evidence.

green456:

Don’t want to ever set foot in court m’ord lol - but no… should I have a bump (touch wood that I would never) I want that “protection” that I can email it to the insurance company or which ever to settle claims fast and it would record how many people got out of a car you know…

tachograph:

green456:

I’ve no idea how much weight a video carries in court but I imagine 95+% of people would probably stop arguing when faced with damning video evidence.

My Thoughts too :slight_smile: (need a like button :smiley:)

Gembo:
seem to be very good for the money and there’s some video’s of em in action on Youtube if you do a search. They are also compatible with 24VOLT, i know because i asked :wink:

Excellent - as I got this one saved in the list so may settle for that one - any experience of this type in night use? how did you get on with it - does it feel “cheap” in a way?

Gembo:

Had this one since christmas. its good value but you need at least an 8 gig card ,best bet is 16 gig to cover whole shift.
looks ok on small screen (good enough to show a car cutting you up) but needs the computer to see reg numbers and better close up shots.
all in all worth the money even for a little peace of mind so you can show the boss/insurance it wasn’t your fault.
if an incident occurs wait about 1 minute after then remove the card (always have a 2 gig back up card) so you preserve the "evidence " and don’t tape over it.
it takes 15 minute segment videos till card is full then records over the 1st segment etc.

I have the same unit as well, been great for the last year no problems, paid £26.00 inc delivery for mine.

No brainer at that price surely ■■

All our trucks have RoadPilot / RoadHawk forward facing cameras google up their website there is a vid as to how they work boss says they have reduced his fleet insurance.

I have used this company in the past and found them very good (Sat Navs and Cameras).
The In Cab camera they have on site at the moment appears to be of good quality and should it not be up to spec their product support is very good.
http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/12617/In-Car-Video-Recorder-Dash-Cam-with-Infra-Red/

Its more expensive but there is a better support than Ebay.