In a truck... What would you do?

Answers on a postcard please :smiley:

I could sit for hours watching this rubbish on youtube, great entertainment

sit there and make the cyclist move may even take a break and have lunch

As a professional driver, I wouldn’t have got into that situation, because I’d have seen him coming and gave him priority.

HOWEVER, had I been on the cycle, I’d have just made it possible for them to get through the gap whilst telling them what ■■■■■■■ they were.

Do you think he’d have been so ‘stead fast’ if it was a big burly bloke in the car rather than a woman?

No wonder so many of these ■■■■■ keep getting their arses kicked all over the roads, I’m all for standing up for your rights and I’m no push over, but pick your battles, sure explain that they should’ve given way, but making them reverse when you’re on a bike is just a waste of everyone’s time and effort - and I include my motorbikes in that - rather just go around them, it’s much easier

That’s cringeworthy stuff 2 fannies fannying about about to cause gridlock and potentially trapping a ambulance.

Made me cringe, ok so the car was mm the wrong side of the road, but come on. Talk about making a drama out of nothing.

got out and knutted the twunt.

Seriously though, I’m doing a huge amount of cycling at the moment, 5,000 mile this tear. But arrogant tw4ts like that are just so embarrassing, someone needs to shove his camera up his jacksy. Has ■■■■■■■■ all to do with my cycling.

Just the sort of nonsense we see everyday. A driver who does not know the rules and drives like a bully probably because he hates cyclists and thinks he can intimidate them. The cyclist needs a good hiding.
Also should the police car be parked on double yellows? Not necessarily so.

albion1971:

It’s an Ambulance car so possibly on a medical call

nick2008:

albion1971:

Well spotted. Maybe they could have parked on the opposite side or was it that urgent?
Driver and cyclist still both out of order anyway.

albion1971:

nick2008:

albion1971:

Well spotted. Maybe they could have parked on the opposite side or was it that urgent?

See for someone who preaches like they are a driving god to the rest of us, you really are as thick as a pound of mince. The opposite side is double yellows aswell.

I would have reversed and then as he passed open th car door into him. Jumped out and given him a Lycra wedgie followed by stamping on both his wheels. Given him a headcam enema and then licked his face.

I must stop drinking red bull

run the c*nt over job done one less :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

midlifetrucker:
I would have reversed and then as he passed open th car door into him. Jumped out and given him a Lycra wedgie followed by stamping on both his wheels. Given him a headcam enema and then licked his face.

You took a bit of a swing in a different direction at the end there! :laughing:
Was that so that he sits there in shock going “what the hell just happened there?” while you drive away shouting “victory”? :laughing:

It’s the surprise element. Keep them off balance

albion1971:

nick2008:

albion1971:

But then that means opening a door into potential traffic and moving around a vehicle. Where by parking where it’s parked there’s no movement across the road and equipment can be accessed with out any further danger. Also if a patient transport is required that too will park on the same side as to prevent unnecessary movement of a patient across a road which in turn means all required vehicles are parked on one side causing less of a disturbance in traffic flow .

merc0447:

albion1971:

nick2008:

albion1971:

See for someone who preaches like they are a driving god to the rest of us, you really are as thick as a pound of mince. The opposite side is double yellows aswell.

I do not preach anything and I am not thick. I did not really study the video in great detail. Just listened to the idiotic cyclist.
Now wind your grumpy neck in.

nick2008:

albion1971:

nick2008:

albion1971:

But then that means opening a door into potential traffic and moving around a vehicle. Where by parking where it’s parked there’s no movement across the road and equipment can be accessed with out any further danger. Also if a patient transport is required that too will park on the same side as to prevent unnecessary movement of a patient across a road which in turn means all required vehicles are parked on one side causing less of a disturbance in traffic flow .

I totally agree. I was just being pedantic and I wish I had not bothered as others take offence.

Proper helmet cam drama queen stuff is that!!! :laughing:
In a truck?
I’d have seen him coming and given way seeing as it was drama queens right of way.

Cyclist in the right, motorist in the wrong. However, the cyclist unnecessarily escalating the situation into a confrontation will surely end badly for him one day. Hell, he might even try that in Hull one day and come face to face with Ronnie “one punch” Pickering!

What a pair of fannies! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If I were the driver, I’d have given way like I was supposed to and if I’d cocked it up, I’d have apologised.

If I were the cyclist, I’d have anticipated the driver would ■■■■ it up and slowed down. Then, once they’re safely past me (scaredy-cat principle!), called them a bellend under my breath, then had a giggle because, let’s face it - bellend is a funny word - and cracked on with my journey.