Improved Roads

The Gov have announced that they will be spending £235 million on filling in holes in London`s roads.
gov.uk/government/news/gove … oss-london
Hooray!

The cash is from the cancelled HS2 scheme.
Quote from above Gov link:
“The funding is part of an £8.3 billion plan – enough to resurface over 5,000 miles of roads across England. This is the largest ever investment into road repairs and improvements and part of the government’s Network North pledge to improve journeys for all.”

I wonder if our friends in the North are happy that the cash for their new infrastructure in the North, is now to go on everyday running costs in the South?

It’s Thatcher’s 1980’s all over again :unamused:

And we still have those 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire :laughing:

Incidentally, I’m not the only one who received a letter from Rishi Sunak today, am I?

Zac_A:
It’s Thatcher’s 1980’s all over again :unamused:

And we still have those 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire :laughing:

You really should get on yer bike and go South yknow. The whippets and pigeons will be OK wiout you.
Just get matey with someone in the know, and you too could be a millionaire yacht owner.

(Y`might need hormones to grow a bigger pair of Bristols first though)

To quote Meatloaf, “It’s all coming back to me now” :laughing:

Zac_A:
Incidentally, I’m not the only one who received a letter from Rishi Sunak today, am I?

Nope, I got one too. Wonder if it’s just the NE he’s spamming? The answer options for the questions were crap, I though. Very…leading.

Lucy:

Zac_A:

Nope, I got one too. Wonder if it’s just the NE he’s spamming? The answer options for the questions were crap, I though. Very…leading.

Paper letters?
Paid for by? Gov? Con* Central Office?
What questions?
youtu.be/Hphwfq1wLJs?si=F6CAKTTM-E_Y9_es

*Bonjour Matelot!

Lucy:

Zac_A:

Possibly, maybe trying to kid us that they’re not all of the same mind as James Not-so-Cleverly, and his comment about Stockton being “a ■■■■■■■■■

Q: will the autocensor block that? If so, should he be using language like that inside the HOC?
If we have any residents of his constituency (Braintree) on TN, would they like to see how much house you can get for your money in our “expletive” of an area? It’ll make them cry I’m sure.

Here is an interesting one: Britain`s oldest road works?
bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-67796194
Temporary lights since 2015.