Immingham traction work

g,day folks new member on this site (but regular reader) , I was on Norfolk line out of Immingham about 8 years ago (then jumped to global shipping coz I could work perm from hull) anyways job I’m on with a 7.5 tonner gone dead so was considering going back to ferry trailers, nothing comes into hull anymore so was wondering what the esteemed membership have to say about work (and dare I ask rates) out of Imm/kill/stall etc cheers troops

Don’t think it matters what port it is. It’s all pretty much the same deal and rates ain’t up to much

Did Global take you for much? A lot of OD’s came unstuck with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no , I got paid up about 6 weeks before they went under wheel bearing on my wagon caught fire so wagon was off the road and wasn’t in a big rush to get back on road , I used my mates wagon on a weekend to do stowmarkets for them and ended up not getting paid for 1 of them so could have been worse , shame cause I quite liked working for them (out of hull) and Brewster was ok

I was moving some coils for them from hull to the nw, a lot of people had trouble getting paid but they were fine with me right until they went pop. I wasn’t too stressed about it as they were only back loads.
I only use the east coast for backloads, steel from hull is quiet unless you want bar and hollow section which I don’t. Immingham is sporadic, tends to be feast or famine.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

ye when I was on global some companies would only work if they could bill global holdings and I know factoring companies wouldn’t touch em but have to say they were fair with me , in fact paid me fortnightly for a while and I used their diesel, main thing was my mrs got on ok with woman called marina in stallingboro office (she didn’t seem to have many fans ) between the 2 of em kept £££ comin g in we used to do a lot of tube out of brum for global on ntex trls , marcegaglia used to be a pain on Friday afternoon but tell em had to have trl at port for 6pm or it wouldn’t make Europe for tipping Monday usually got you loaded

Know apm was effected, did all their trailers,and used their diesel pumps. But they ended up with the trailers. Iirc it was around the time the east coast was hit with quite high winds. Their yard was littered with their trailers on there sides…

Brewster took some of the work and some of the trailers to alphatrans. Didn’t last long from what I believe.