Immigrants

Just been watching the Belgian news and there has been an incident at Meer where some German drivers have beaten up some immigrants who were trying to hide on their trailers.
The police have arrested the drivers.

thats about right the driver fights back gets banged up, driver turns a blind eye gets banged up and fined :imp:
sounds like a lose lose situation to me :question:
chris
ps how you getting on with the merc keith?

ps how you getting on with the merc keith?
[/quote]

Hmm,was in Sweden this week and the auto box froze up,could only get any gears using the clutch.The heater isn’t really up to the job,and the arctic night heater (which also heats the engine) isn’t up to the job either.
In Karlstad it was -17c during the day and in Ljungby Thursday morning it was -23c.

Nice and quiet to drive tho’,and loads of room.

But it just hasn’t got the build quality of a Swedish truck.

Watch this space!

KW:
Just been watching the Belgian news and there has been an incident at Meer where some German drivers have beaten up some immigrants who were trying to hide on their trailers.

I have always felt a bit sorry for these immigrants as most if not all of them are only trying to better their lives, but I can’t help but feel sorry for these drivers, they have through legislation been left in a position that whatever they do they will be breaking the law. I was arrested in Belgium a couple of years ago for reporting some immigrants that I saw climbing into my truck at Jabbeke services, although I was released without charge in the end, they accused me of bringing these people into Belgium, & these drivers would have been accused of bringing those immigrants into Belgium even if they hadn’t… It would be seen as aiding the immigrants if they “set them free” so what option was open to them? I know violence is not the right answer, but in the end it is bound to happen from time to time just because of the immense pressure put onto international truck drivers to enforce the EU (& worse) the UK’s draconian immigration laws :imp: :imp:

To my mind, German trucks are well-designed and engineered, comfortable to drive and with excellent instrumentation.

But I just think they are so bland. Just so plasticky and completely devoid of character or charm.

Personally, I would prefer a Swede any day.

Vince

id prefer a swede too vince, the germans are too hairy! :laughing: :laughing:

paul

jimti:

KW:

I have always felt a bit sorry for these immigrants as most if not all of them are only trying to better their lives,

I completely agree with you Jim.

Even if they are “economic migrants”, then they are no different to Brits who look to Canada for work.

Cant blame them for wanting it, cant blame us because it`s our lorries they climb on to in the middle of the night.

It`s the Politicians who are messing up here.

Vince

flatbedman:

:laughing: :laughing: Thats funny :laughing: :laughing:

I would pick a Man tga xxl or Merc Actros Megaspace over a volvo any day. :wink:

flatbedman:

paul

I`ve never been fussy, Paul :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

I would pick a Man tga xxl or Merc Actros Megaspace over a volvo any day.

Right,you give me an FH and you can have this Mega-Space Merc that I’ve been lumbered with.I think the only reason i’ve got it is because the Swedish driver’s all refuse to drive it!! :cry:

MAD28:

flatbedman:

:laughing: :laughing: Thats funny :laughing: :laughing:

I would pick a Man tga xxl or Merc Actros Megaspace over a volvo any day. :wink:

the swede takes this vote to, fh or 124l series 4 scannie had a look in the man couldnt get comfy :stuck_out_tongue:
better make mine a blond though :wink:
but back to the main thread it does seem crazy that to do the right thing is to do the wrong thing if that makes any sense at all :question: :question:
case of damned if you do damned if you dont :cry:
chris

The problem is that the politicians haven’t got the answers to the problem, so to appease the voters and the right wing press who know they can sell papers with a good story about sponging immigrants they find an easy target Truck Drivers.

this page is great…the thread is about immigration…and two cab happies start talking about how nice their truck is or isnt as the case maybe…so whats this got to do with immigration.■■?
have a nice day