Immigrants anyone?

Anyone been caught with immo’s in your trailers?
I’d like to know because one of my trailers had two of the ■■■■ things inside last night, and both myself and my driver have been fined.
On the upside - Archbolds got a fine of £4000!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
…and it wasn’t even one of their trailers or loads!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Youve gota hand it to these Guys, I mean it takes some guts to get into a trailer…

Pulled by an Iveco :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Rollocks… with a “B”!

oh my god are you serious?
hand it to these guys?
do you know what happens to the driver if yout caught with one of these guys on your trailer?

im guessing not!
:unamused:

My dad has had several incedents with these people in his trailer, usually nothing has happened but a few times the authorities have tried to press it further, though upon telling them that he’s German and he’d like to see them do a ■■■■ thing to him they’ve always let him go, as usual its only the British who get hammered in Britain.

Cattleman:
hand it to these guys?
do you know what happens to the driver if yout caught with one of these guys on your trailer?

im guessing not!

Exactly! No one would be handing them anything if it happened to them and they were liable for a £2000 per person fine. I have absoluetly no sympathy at all for these ILLGEAL immigrants whilst it is the truck driver who receives all the punishment for the illgeal activities of other people, espcially when you have been cleared in Calais, only to find them in Dover.

Cattleman:
hand it to these guys?

im guessing not!

I think Bones was joking, saying that anyone getting into a trailer pulled by an IVECO has got some guts, mainly having a dig at Ianyng :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Only joking guys sorry if caused any offence :unamused: . I realise this is a very serious problem and of course hope it gets resolved asap without causing the driver or operator too many problems…

ahhhh didnt see the pulled by an iveco bit sorry bones :open_mouth:

you silly billy

mrs c

Had 3 the other week, due to traffic delays around the Bruxelles ring had to have a 45 at the shell onroute to Gent, only got out of the truck to use the toilet and as i came back i noticed people running away from the trailer.

So i checked the TIR cord and seal etc all was ok, got my torch from the cab and looked underneath and there were 3 of them wrapped around the trailer axles. Got them shifted and when i got to Calais i pestered the UK immigration to check. There were no more, but they are so quick :angry: and all you can do is keep checking :frowning:

:blush:

At least they could have given you a push off of the ferry if you had broken down again.
My mate had ten in a trailer that came unnacompanied (?) and was delivering at tesco thurrock when they cut their way out.The immigrants just walked out of Tesco,Security didn’t bat an eyelid !

MrReliable:
The immigrants just walked out of Tesco,Security didn’t bat an eyelid !

You surpsrise me, i thought they would have pulled them for not wearing a Hi Viz. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Now tell the truth Ian,they were not illegal immigrants at all,they’re regular drivers for you but didn’t want to be seen in an iveco. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Noah :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robinhood_1984:
My dad has had several incedents with these people in his trailer, usually nothing has happened but a few times the authorities have tried to press it further, though upon telling them that he’s German and he’d like to see them do a ■■■■ thing to him they’ve always let him go, as usual its only the British who get hammered in Britain.

I cannot see why being German is any different to any other country, It didnt stop the Dutch Driver getting done for bringiing in 22 dead chinese immigrants. He is still in Canterbury nick.

We seem to get our fair share of them in the trailers, but I have been lucky so far. :exclamation:

A favorite place to see them is handcuffed to the barriers on the M40 while the immigration people arrive :smiley: or the time when the security had to chase 25 of them around the Dartford Ferry Terminal when they were seen peering out of a trailer being unloaded from the ferry :stuck_out_tongue:

don’t know if this is true but i’ve been told the latest trick is to throw a racket strap over the midle of a curtain sider and pull the roof down so the buckles come free, the immigrants climb in under the curtain and then the straps released with buckles back in place, the driver checks the trailer and everythings intact so of he goes.

paul b:
don’t know if this is true but i’ve been told the latest trick is to throw a racket strap over the midle of a curtain sider and pull the roof down so the buckles come free, the immigrants climb in under the curtain and then the straps released with buckles back in place, the driver checks the trailer and everythings intact so of he goes.

There are so many ways into these trailers paul, from cutting and regluing the TIR cord or removing the rivets from the roof to hanging off the axles as the truck passes the linkspan.

You just need eyes in your arse and be vigilant at any time. In Calais yopu do not even need to stop, as they can open rear doors and climb in while you turn a corner.

The biggest problem, is that although I go through Co2 checks, searches and put the dogs in and even secure parking routines. The buck stops with the driver. The ferry companies will not accept responsibility, the search teams will not accept responsibility. and £2000 per illegal is a bit expensive if you are unlucky.

makes you wonder just how many are knowingly fetching em in?
as you say it’s never right that a driver can willingly have his vehicle searched but if immingrants are missed by those responsible for the search then it’s the driver that cops a fine :open_mouth:

My driver actually got told by the immigration folks at Dover, that the Co2 check wouldn’t have been any good becaus they’d only just got in, and not been in the back long enough.
He went through the scanner first - that didn’t pick them out for some strange reason.
It was only when they opened the doors and climbed in that they found them.
Whats eating us is that technically we werent on UK soil over there.
At Dunquerke, you go through French customs check and security, then you get the UK immigration.
At Calais, the UK bit is sandwiched inbetween two French checkpoints.
And why werent they found with the scanner?
They kept my driver there for hours.
They interviewed him there, and they phoned me at about 10 at night, and interviewed me over the phone!
My fine came over on a fax, and his was in his hand!
Archbolds fine was faxed to them also.
Archies got a fine because my driver was using one of their CMR’s, even though the job was one of my own. They weren’t too happy about that! Shame eh? :laughing:

Also if we want to appeal the fine - it’ll cost us £100 each!
You can’t win with these people.