Immigrant err Immingham Transport

Been offered first refusal on agency to these.

Same money as I’m on now, no deductions but they pay for parking/snap regardless.

Pulling ferry trailers out of DFDS at Immingham, so potential for some manual labour, which in all honesty is no different to now.

What I am looking to find out is what the units are like?

Well maintained?
Get your own for tramping?
Fridge, Microwave, Inverter?

Hopefully there are a couple of drivers on here?

NOT INTERESTED IN MONEY, I ALREADY KNOW THIS.

Do us a favour.

Try it and report back.

I’m sure in the past, there were rumours that this firm did not have a good reputation … but, weren’t they recently taken-over … I’m sure I saw something about this ?
Never worked for them … but worked with a driver that used to work for them … just to say, he was glad to leave :wink: :wink:

Hmmmm…day it all really

^^^^^^^ "UK geographical knowledge would be beneficial ". There’s a novel idea for a transport planner!

‘Experience is not necessary’…

So you won’t realise what a plum you are when you tell a driver to ‘nip’ over the Pennines. :unamused:

the maoster:
^^^^^^^ "UK geographical knowledge would be beneficial ". There’s a novel idea for a transport planner!

And since when have planners needed a geographical knowledge of England, most of em can’t find there way home. Birmingham is near London on the map.

depending on the scale of the map everywhere is only an hour away …

Had one that believed Southampton was close to Northampton…

mardybum:
Had one that believed Southampton was close to Northampton…

Ah the Hamptons neighbourhood.

Immingham transport has been bought out by N-tex.

Units, all of them are less than 3yrs old at the moment and are euro6, artics are mostly Volvo fh4, I think they have the odd actros and daf kicking around. Rigids are 7.5t Ivecos, 26t Volvo fm and actros. Iirc they are FORS bronze and are looking to get to gold.

Its mostly ferry trailer work but the do have their own trailers for night trunks to pallet hubs.

mardybum:
Hmmmm…day it all really

sums it up well. They employ planners with no experience or knowledge and then it’s drivers fault for not getting from London to Leeds in 2 hours. In a previous firm I’ve worked, they used employ unexperienced planners who managed to plan you on a Leeds to Manchester empty, get loaded in Manchester, down to London to get unloaded and reloaded, up to to Doncaster to unload, back to Leeds to unload. And expect you to do that in a single shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk