Immediate Start temp jobs - any websites

Hi all,

My agency has cancelled work for the next few days and I got thinking… “There must be a website or app out there where I can pick up a driving job, cut out the middleman (agency) and turn up to a yard for the next few days and just get working for them for a period agreed, whether it’s class 1, 2 or even van work”

So here I am asking you experienced guys if there is anything like that out there please??
If there isn’t it’d be a good idea… Kind of like driver exchange but the company supplies the vehicle.

Thanks

saintryan:
Hi all,

My agency has cancelled work for the next few days and I got thinking… “There must be a website or app out there where I can pick up a driving job, cut out the middleman (agency) and turn up to a yard for the next few days and just get working for them for a period agreed, whether it’s class 1, 2 or even van work”

So here I am asking you experienced guys if there is anything like that out there please??
If there isn’t it’d be a good idea… Kind of like driver exchange but the company supplies the vehicle.

Thanks

Full time work , employed ,

I’m no expert on this but if it’s not for an agency, wouldn’t that require you to be self employed? Otherwise wouldn’t you need to be employed by any company you work for?

I’ve been looking into the possibility of being self-employed rather than using agencies and it’s quite the minefield.

There is an app called Connected2 but I don’t know much about it so can’t say whether it’s good bad or just plain dumb.

Having said that, from what little I’ve bothered to read about it I get the impression that it’s only for Ltd company drivers so probably no use to most agency drivers.

smog:
I’m no expert on this but if it’s not for an agency, wouldn’t that require you to be self employed? Otherwise wouldn’t you need to be employed by any company you work for?

I worked on…

A casual basis for a firm local to me for a couple of years. I stated the days I was available and they paid me on the PAYE system. There’s no set rule, it’s just how flexible firms want to be when hiring people.

Technically, you can be employed just for one day.

saintryan:
Hi all,

Thanks

Not any more without being on that company’s books. The only way to do it is self employed and HMRC won a test case and made it absolutely clear that unless you’ve a financial interest in the vehicle you’re driving and therefore are exposed to the risk of making a loss and you have someone effectively operating as a boss you don’t qualify as self employed because you’re not operating as a business.

Isn’t this what a zero hour contract is about, and therefore a company can employ on this contract and would be pretty striaght forward, you dont work, you dont get paid, you dont get any benefits either, all based on zero hours, so no come back on the company.

OR have seen this Availlogistics being advertised …

[updated deleted links gets terrible reviews on google play avoid it ]

TonkaBoy:
Isn’t this what a zero hour contract is about, and therefore a company can employ on this contract and would be pretty striaght forward, you dont work, you dont get paid, you dont get any benefits either, all based on zero hours, so no come back on the company.

OR have seen this Availlogistics being advertised …

[updated deleted links gets terrible reviews on google play avoid it ]

I’ve tried avail and have the app. I think it’s the only one so far that looks promising for this type of work… unfortunately the only jobs I’ve seen even close to me in Sheffield is Manchester… So I think it might take a while for businesses to start using it.