Imigo- mysatnav

just wondering whether anyone on here has one of these systems? the reviews on Ebay are almost unbelievable…

i have one of them and got one for a friend he is heading accross europe and says no problem with it what so ever.
i cant fault it either was a little doubtful at start as twice it tried to send me down through two diff housing estate but was a passenger in a truck the other day and his tom tom was sending him through the same estate
the only other thing is with the weights in central london he seems to not be able to differ between night and day as doesnt want to route u in the centre but if u lower the weight to under 7 ton no probs with it.
apart from that am very happy with it
hope that helps

Couple of fellas at work have them and say there really good no probs

I searched that on ebay and it does’nt come up with anything :exclamation:

Al

Just found it…searched “truck satnav” and it came up. I asked the same question a few months back and got the response that they were no good so bought a TT520 with truck maps on from a member on here and its brilliant :wink:

Al

how much are the tt truck maps and will they work on any tt

Don’t know how much they are but they work on TT’s that can accept an sd card due to the memory restrictions…i think!

Al

Nearly right Scantheman,

You need an SD card slot, a device that supports a 4gb SD card, and an internal RAM of at least 64mb.

Two main components are the NavCore (which is the program that runs the sat-nav), stored on the internal memory ‘RAM’, and the mapset which is stored either in the unit’s ROM memory, or on the SD card.

To run the TT truck map properly, you need a TomTom unit with an internal memory of at least 64mb RAM, and an SD card slot that can support a 4gb card.
Most of the car satnavs only have 32mb RAM, fine for car stuff but will run very slowly (if at all) with truck software.

That said, there is a modified NavCore available to download that will make the truck map run on a 32mb unit, but you need to disable most of the features (such as the PoI’s, car symbols and such like). So it will work properly but don’t expect all the whistles and bells.

I have got TT Truck running on a TT One XL with 32 mb ram, it works well but start adding the features back on and it slows down. The mapset is 2.55 GB, stored on a 4GB SD card. I’ve updated the original unit mapset so if I take the SD card out, it reverts to it’s original (up-to-date) car maps again.

The mapset for the original device is only 190mb of memory, held in the internal memory no problems.

You can’t use the SD card and the internal storage memory at the same time.

PM me for a link where to download (free) the very latest TT maps, NavCores and instructions/help on installing them.

hi,I bought one of these last christmas ,GOOD NEWS great sat does what it says it will ,very easy to use.BAD news,I bought mine from a guy on ebay mysatnav.co.uk, this is the link i was given
for updates ,the link is now dead so i cant download for this satnav ,contacted ebay ,they say seller no longer selling on ebay.Lucky White Heather,Jabbaman :cry: :cry: :cry:

navitotal.com/showthread.php … -TRUCK-Map

It’s a long thread but thats because there are so many answers to other peoples question.
All you need and need to know will be in there and so will help and support.
It’s not to difficult to do as long as you keep it simple and don’t try and get to techie.
basicly you need to download the truck map( (i pay £8 to download in one go, 12 parts) download the navcore and also the fastactivate patcher…read instruction (3 steps) and job should be sorted. :wink:

Found mine very good, No problems with it, covers addresses of relatively ‘new builds’ as well :slight_smile:

One of these you mean?

truck nav.JPG

That looks about right , the Imigo sat nav I have is a 7inch & you can see across across the cab :smiley: