I'm writing a book! :)

Hello all, I’m in the final stages of finishing my book about trucking. I’m a LGV 1 driver for 18 years and started jotting down my experiences. I wanted to include a chapter on funny or interesting trucking stories. Full credits and acknowledgements in the book will be included for each story teller. If anybody is interested please get back to me and I be in contact. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Malc

I had to re-read your post.
As I though it said your running a book, taking bets on how before long dozy hangs up the keys or has another mishap.
But for amusing anecdotes just take a look at the many threads about Dozy’s exploits

Jellymantrucking:
Hello all, I’m in the final stages of finishing my book about trucking. I’m a LGV 1 driver for 18 years and started jotting down my experiences. I wanted to include a chapter on funny or interesting trucking stories. Full credits and acknowledgements in the book will be included for each story teller. If anybody is interested please get back to me and I be in contact. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Malc

18 years? you’ve only just started mate!

It don’t feel like it yeti! :smiley: Will defo check out Dozy’s exploits perirre… sounds like a gold mine! Cheers buddy. :sunglasses:

Have you looked in the “OLD TIME LORRIES, COMPANIES AND DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE)” forum?

What like the time I had a 10t flt on the back of a beavertail (no curtains) and security asked me what I was delivering…I slowly looked back as did he and I said “cornflakes mate” he went quiet :laughing:

Drift:
What like the time I had a 10t flt on the back of a beavertail (no curtains) and security asked me what I was delivering…I slowly looked back as did he and I said “cornflakes mate” he went quiet :laughing:

Yup, there’ll be plenty of those…
I rocked up to a site with a flatbed full of bricks and was asked the same, I just looked at him and then looked at the load. He looked at the load and just grunted.

Is it fiction…or a joke book…lol

18 years of driving… are you writing any chapters about the poor quality of other road uses…ie cyclists… :grimacing:

Swampey2418:
18… wet behind the ears… no experience of driving or working within the industry and your writing a book about trucking…is it fiction…or a joke book…

Maybe after 20 years of experience might be a good time to start writing books…

Looks to me he said he was an experienced class 1 driver, 18 years experience…?

Kaistar:

Swampey2418:
18… wet behind the ears… no experience of driving or working within the industry and your writing a book about trucking…is it fiction…or a joke book…

Maybe after 20 years of experience might be a good time to start writing books…

Looks to me he said he was an experienced class 1 driver, 18 years experience…?

Duh… I really must put them glasses on before rushing in … time to hit edit