I'm thinking of getting a dash-cam. Suggestions please

As per the title really.

I’ve had a few close shaves recently (all involving others driving like tw@ts) where I thought it’d have been useful to have them on video. I’m sure at some stage before I retire that a dash-cam would capture an incident and bail me out the clergy stuff.

My employer isn’t interested in fitting the fleet out with them so I’m looking for advice and suggestions of makes and models to go for.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01ELRJW5Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Excellent quality. Runs off a USB lead so you don’t have to clog up your cig sockets.

I got a next base when an old employer wouldnt fit them… easy fitted and easy to use… wasnt a bad price either

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I’ve driven a few vehicles that had them fitted, Road-Hawk I think, and i seem to recall you didn’t have to press anything to get them working, they just started recording once you started the truck up. Is it the same with the Nextbase ones too? Do they also have built in GPS so you can tell where the footage is from?

I got the Transcend Drivepro 200…

£80 ish quid all in, it included a sticky pad mount, suckered mount and SD card.
Bought online through Halfords.

After doing some research, was advised to not get one with all the GPS, speed etc showing as that could get you too into trouble…

goshow:
I’ve driven a few vehicles that had them fitted, Road-Hawk I think, and i seem to recall you didn’t have to press anything to get them working, they just started recording once you started the truck up. Is it the same with the Nextbase ones too? Do they also have built in GPS so you can tell where the footage is from?

That Nextbase one I linked has GPS. Its also got motion sensors on it so if someone knocks your truck in a truckstop then it’ll pick it up.

Radar19:

goshow:

That Nextbase one I linked has GPS. Its also got motion sensors on it so if someone knocks your truck in a truckstop then it’ll pick it up.

Cheers, sounds good.

I have g1w-c, about £40 good at night wide lense 1080p.

If you do get this get a class 6 memory card, anything above up to class 10 causes memory failure.

goshow:
I’m looking for advice and suggestions.

Position it facing outwards :laughing:

peirre:

goshow:
I’m looking for advice and suggestions.

Position it facing outwards :laughing:

Best one yet!
:unamused:

I got one from Groupon for about £20.00,does the job no bells or whistles.