I'm ready to roll finally

Hi all. Haven’t been a member here long, but would like to say thank god for this site. After over 20 years of not using/ needing my HGV licence, I’m at a point where I have now got my C+E entitlement back, digi card and completed the CPC training yesterday (I done the full 35 hours over 5 continuous days due to my grandfather rights) so I’m all legal.

I can easily say that I’ve learned more from perusing this site and videos on youtube that members here have posted than I ever could sat on my arse in a classroom.

On a side note: I don’t intend to ever undertake the full 35 hours CPC in one block again :grimacing:

Pleased to hear you’re ready to roll - all the best with it.

Just to mention that it was never the intention for anyone to do 5 days cpc consecutively. It seems most of it is boring, poorly delivered and a waste of time. We’ve tried to break the mould and I hope we’ve succeeded. But the whole idea of periodic cpc is that it serves as a continual update of knowledge on a 1 day a year principle rather than blast it all in one go. It’s clear why you did this but I suggest you do 1 day a year from now.

Once again, all the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“andy_s”

I can easily say that I’ve learned more from perusing this site and videos on youtube that members here have posted than I ever could sat on my arse in a classroom.

On a side note: I don’t intend to ever undertake the full 35 hours CPC in one block again :grimacing:[/quote]
+1 to all of that. The likes of Tachograph etc are a goldmine of knowledge. As Pete says,i’m going to do one day per year from now on,even though I did mine over 5 Saturdays. Mine expires in 2020 but I’ve done an ‘extra’ day already. That way I haven’t got to find the money in one go again. Good luck :smiley:

Deffo be doing a one day CPC now and again over the next few years… something my instructor told me is that if you do other training like ADR/ Hiab, you can also add this towards your required cpc days.