Im not concentrating enough!

Monkey241:
The software isn’t just about fuel consumption is my take on it (though I confess how it scores is a bloody mystery [emoji6])

I don’t think they score you on fuel consumption at all but it’s shown because lower fuel use is a goal (along with wear and safety). You should only use it for comparison if you know more about the journey.

From what i remember of driving a 66 plate daf lf rigid a few years ago, it seemed to score you on rolling instead of braking, “Rolling for longer saves fuel”. Which is why you can increase your score by cancelling your cruise control, rolling for 200 metres and then restarting the cruise control. It thinks you anticipated a situation and didn’t have to harsh brake. Here’s a PDF from DAF explaining it.

I don’t think you are scored on fuel consumption by Fleetboard or isotrak either. They have more data like revs (green band), speed of acceleration/deceleration (smooth vs. harsh acceleration and braking), accelerator pedal position (something about only using the first 80%), whether you are using cruise control or the auxiliary brake etc. and the company can change the limits to suit themselves.

I am probably wrong. I try to drive economically/professionally/safely but no one tells me either way.

Cuttlefish:

Monkey241:
The software isn’t just about fuel consumption is my take on it (though I confess how it scores is a bloody mystery [emoji6])

I don’t think they score you on fuel consumption at all but it’s shown because lower fuel use is a goal (along with wear and safety). You should only use it for comparison if you know more about the journey.

From what i remember of driving a 66 plate daf lf rigid a few years ago, it seemed to score you on rolling instead of braking, “Rolling for longer saves fuel”. Which is why you can increase your score by cancelling your cruise control, rolling for 200 metres and then restarting the cruise control. It thinks you anticipated a situation and didn’t have to harsh brake. Here’s a PDF from DAF explaining it.

I don’t think you are scored on fuel consumption by Fleetboard or isotrak either. They have more data like revs (green band), speed of acceleration/deceleration (smooth vs. harsh acceleration and braking), accelerator pedal position (something about only using the first 80%), whether you are using cruise control or the auxiliary brake etc. and the company can change the limits to suit themselves.

I am probably wrong. I try to drive economically/professionally/safely but no one tells me either way.

how do you accelerate harshly in a merc it takes the length of a slip road going down hill to get from about 20mph to 30. to be honest when i started at my current place i was told on the assesment that they like me to get a score of above 80 on the fleetboard and that if i didnt i would be called into the office and spoken to. Few weeks later i got a text from the agency saying that the client was now looking at fleetboard scores and i needed to score 7/10 at least. I have never been spoken to abiut why i havent achieved that and speaking to other drivers that have been there 3+ years they havent either, I can only assume its a way for the pointy shoe brigade to get rid of you if they wish.

Sploom:
Thats what my daf keeps telling me.For 61% of the time ,Im concentrating but the rest of the time,Im somewhere else…
How is your score,or have you ever got it up ti a hundred,is it even possible?

I normally see these at less than 50% and I like to reset them and try to see if I can do my regular run at 100%.
I think the fuel target thing probably affects it too, I set them at 35 l/100km and often have it at 95% by the time I get back (provided I haven’t been cut up by some muppet. I think settling cruise control to 80km/h and knocking it of half a mile before the crest of a hill where it picks up speed usually staying in 12th gear slowing down to 40mph before getting up to 60mph just before J16 on the M4 for instance.
Using only the exhaust brake helps too.

ytrehodluap…

I’ve just worked out your nickname on here.

Do I won a prize or something expensive?