Im not concentrating enough!

Roymondo:

robthedog:
My XF IS always around 47 doesn’t matter how I drive it never really changes ?
I’ve driven others that are around 70 still driven the same it’s a crap system with its little ticks

It’s an average figure since last reset, I think. If you reset it the figures may be different.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I’ve reset it many times it starts then in the late fifties if your on the autoroute cc on don’t touch anything it creeps up and as soon as you slow down or touch the brakes etc it creeps back down to 47 where it stays

Roymondo:

cav551:
Not DAF but wtf is a"preventive stop manoeuvre"? This appears after the last two or three yards as I come to a very gentle halt.

On an Iveco?

I think it happens when the collision avoidance gubbins thinks you stopped a bit close to the vehicle in front.

Thanks, yes Iveco and that makes sense. Not always, but often when coming to a slow stop at the end of a clearly visible queue and putting it in Park. Which has made me wonder what was wrong with that?

The 67 XF I drove I was always at 29/35 % , that’s what you get when you sub for 2XL :imp: :imp:

Thanks for the replies

cav551:

Roymondo:
On an Iveco?

I think it happens when the collision avoidance gubbins thinks you stopped a bit close to the vehicle in front.

Thanks, yes Iveco and that makes sense. Not always, but often when coming to a slow stop at the end of a clearly visible queue and putting it in Park. Which has made me wonder what was wrong with that?

No idea - It did appear to me that I could stop it from happening by simply pulling up a few yards shorter. We no longer have that unit so can’t offer any more insight.

Luckily no such mithering nanny state ■■■■■■■■ on my regular motor, when i have to drive something afflicted with this scoreboard rubbish if possible i switch it off.

There you go

w1ggo:
There you go

Craig would have only given you a 9 :smiley:

The other question I haven’t had answered yet is
100% … Of what?
I did ask that when I first had one these DAFs but a shoulder shrug was the only answer I got.
Does “100% anticipation” mean the driver is a clairvoyant able to see ALL the future whilst lesser scores mean a foresight of only days or hours?
Does “100% Total” mean that zero fuel is being burnt to move the vehicle?
If the poster with 100 % eased off the throttle even more, will the fuel tank overflow as diesel is created?
Nothing wrong with driving smoothly and economically, but the DAF system is nonsensical.

Franglais:
And having the dash lighting up for chuffing stupid ticks is plain silly.

You do know you can turn that off in the options screen?

Franglais:
The other question I haven’t had answered yet is
100% … Of what?
I did ask that when I first had one these DAFs but a shoulder shrug was the only answer I got.
Does “100% anticipation” mean the driver is a clairvoyant able to see ALL the future whilst lesser scores mean a foresight of only days or hours?
Does “100% Total” mean that zero fuel is being burnt to move the vehicle?
If the poster with 100 % eased off the throttle even more, will the fuel tank overflow as diesel is created?
Nothing wrong with driving smoothly and economically, but the DAF system is nonsensical.

the reason is i think they know it all means nothing its just somthing to whip the driver with if they so choose. in my current job we have a fleetboard thingeach week i am told that my average score should be above a certain number and what my average is. i have in the past asked why my score wasnt up to snuff got told i could download some app that would show it which you cant log onto with out a login and im not allowed a login as im not a manager. I was also told that it is my average however when ever i look at the fleetboard thing at the start of my shift its never 100% and when i used the predictive cruise control thing that does rounderbouts speedlimits and bends as well on the way back from epsom one night my score went down.

cooper1203:
I was also told that it is my average however when ever i look at the fleetboard thing at the start of my shift its never 100%

Mercedes? The Fleetboard EcoSupport in the dashboard menu is not the same as the uploaded Fleetboard data. EcoSupport is set up from the factory and persists across drivers until it is reset in the menu. The uploaded data analysis is configurable by the company and is just from you (by tacho card number).

cooper1203:
when i used the predictive cruise control thing that does rounderbouts speedlimits and bends as well on the way back from epsom one night my score went down.

You can change the settings to make “cornering speed” faster/slower and also increase/decrease “coast before route event” but it’s always pretty harsh. (You can also change (decrease) “lower speed tolerance” so it doesn’t just lose 5mph for no reason.) Double press the gear button on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

I once had a job who’s bonus was made up in part by this gauge. Never managed to get over 80% there. Since leaving though, I once took a rigid around central London and out again and maintained 100%. I normally average between 88% and 93%

I treat those scores like golf cards…
I haven`t got it down below 20 yet, but I am still trying.

Im confused.com. Yesterday i drove a daf it didnt change from 74% overall despite all the silly ticks that kept appearing. At the end of the shift i had a quick look at the mpg and it was a shade of 11 mpg yet someone posted a pic and they had a score of 100% yet thier mpg was under 9. someone else posted a pic with a score in the 80’s and had a fule usage of 22.6 l/100km which is equal to 10.4mpg.

Surly the purpose of the thing is to improve mpg not decrease it

cooper1203:
Im confused.com. Yesterday i drove a daf it didnt change from 74% overall despite all the silly ticks that kept appearing. At the end of the shift i had a quick look at the mpg and it was a shade of 11 mpg yet someone posted a pic and they had a score of 100% yet thier mpg was under 9. someone else posted a pic with a score in the 80’s and had a fule usage of 22.6 l/100km which is equal to 10.4mpg.

It’s not there…

To make sense coop. It’s fitted so the DAF salesman can say to a pointy shoed fleet-buyer who knows ■■■■ all about lorries, that only DAF have a device that will cut his fleets fuel bill in half.

If you ask a driver how to save fuel, I can assure the marketing teams the answer won’t be ‘fit a childish cartoon graphic that annoys the hell out me’ in the dashboard.

cooper1203:

Did you reset it be for you started driving?

The reason why my MPG was low that day is because that days work was local multi drop, say I scored 50% my MPG would be even less

cooper1203:

Fuel’s not a good indicator of “good” driving. Everything affects fuel usage. (Weather; vehicle engine, age, height, weight; traffic, route,… my lead foot,…) One person could be doing daytime urban multidrop in a 500hp arctic at 44 tons and the other could be delivering a light pallet in a 7.5t rigid up an empty motorway.

Cuttlefish:

cooper1203:

Fuel’s not a good indicator of “good” driving. Everything affects fuel usage. (Weather; vehicle engine, age, height, weight; traffic, route,… my lead foot,…) One person could be doing daytime urban multidrop in a 500hp arctic at 44 tons and the other could be delivering a light pallet in a 7.5t rigid up an empty motorway.

The software isn’t just about fuel consumption is my take on it (though I confess how it scores is a bloody mystery [emoji6])

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Daf’s like when you use the cruise control.
On a side note, we’ve got a driver who thinks he’s the ultimate transport god, likes to boast about getting 80% on his score. I went out in his wagon for a day and the next morning the look on his face when the score read 93% was lovely.
One day I might tell him that I reset it as I rolled down the hill into the yard.