I'm looking for work in Avonmouth/ Severn Beach

14 years driving hgv, clean licence, full DCPC, experience with fridges, skellys, double deckers, curtainsides.

I’m currently signed up to three job sites, Reed, Total Jobs, Indeed and applied for about six jobs that would be suitable but I’ve had no replies back.

It’s the first time I’ve used job sites , is it common for them to not bother getting in touch?

I’m signed up to three agencies, none of them can offer full time work.

If anyone got any contacts for full time day work, Monday to Friday, agency or contract, any help would be great.

Is anyone on for Howdens in Portbury? I’ve applied for it through a website , i think it’s XPO, but there’s no phone number to follow it up.

just googled ,truck driving jobs avonmouth , 16 come up there ,non suitable?truck driving jobs avonmouth - Google Search

Culina might give you a Monday to Friday job have you tried them ?

worrying time if agencies can’t offer full weeks work in november in avonmouth.
Not mon-fri but did you try Asda? bald bloke might be able to help you with that one.

bald bloke:

I think I’ll try that Monday morning. Do you still know anyone or have a phone number in the transport office there? The only advert I’ve seen from them on a job site was for a driver apprenticeship, lol.

Maybe they’ll have some contact info on their website?

corij:
just googled ,truck driving jobs avonmouth , 16 come up there ,non suitable?truck driving jobs avonmouth - Google Search

Mostly for Staffline and Ignition for Tesco work, Severn Beach. Not suitable mate, thanks though

Have you tried Maritime. Most of my friends on agency are not getting any shifts its completely dead.

MikeDBristol:

bald bloke:

I think I’ll try that Monday morning. Do you still know anyone or have a phone number in the transport office there? The only advert I’ve seen from them on a job site was for a driver apprenticeship, lol.

My contact assured me there’s no Monday to Friday jobs going.

Doesn’t Asda, Co op and Lidl have DCs there? Aswell as DHL and Amazon?

I’ve heard repeated doom and gloom from those trying to use agencies around the Midlands. Even in the supposed Golden Triangle of Northampton/Rugby/Lutterworth there is not much around and whilst you have every right to need a certain working pattern just being able to do Mon - Fri will put you at a massive disadvantage.

If you’re happy to work Thu - Mon/Tue at say 0200 you’ve got a fighting chance but in this increasingly crap industry being able to do only Mon - Fri will make life difficult.

Good luck with whatever you manage to sort

So much for the rumours of

THERE’S A DRIVERS SHORTAGE !!!

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

AND !!

Apparently this is the busy BUSY part of the year, just before CHRIMBO !!

bald bloke:

MikeDBristol:

bald bloke:

My contact assured me there’s no Monday to Friday jobs going.

Thanks for looking into for me BB and thanks for getting back to me.

I actually prefer weekend work but between now and up until Chistmas I need weekends free for family reasons.

Hey ho, something will turn up.

Thanks again

ATJT:
I’ve heard repeated doom and gloom from those trying to use agencies around the Midlands. Even in the supposed Golden Triangle of Northampton/Rugby/Lutterworth there is not much around and whilst you have every right to need a certain working pattern just being able to do Mon - Fri will put you at a massive disadvantage.

If you’re happy to work Thu - Mon/Tue at say 0200 you’ve got a fighting chance but in this increasingly crap industry being able to do only Mon - Fri will make life difficult.

Thanks ATJT, I was wondering if other areas of the country were having similar things going on.

I actually much prefer weekend work, i’ve done it for years, preferably Fri - Monday with the extra few quid an hour i get on the weekends meaning I can have Tues,Wed, Thurs free. The only thing is I need weekends free for family up until Christmas so I’m unavailable for weekend work.

MikeDBristol:
Is anyone on for Howdens in Portbury? I’ve applied for it through a website , i think it’s XPO, but there’s no phone number to follow it up.

It’s Wincanton on Garanor Way. Get on the night trunking if you can, boring but easy. Typically up to Runcorn, up to Howden or over to Raunds, trailer swap and back. Mind you days aren’t much more difficult but there’s a fair bit more H&S you need to comply with which you’ll either be OK with or hate. Unfortunately annual sale is just ending so probably not a good time to apply. Typically if you’re wanting in there it needs to be in summer when they start ramping up the fleet for the sales period.

Conor:

MikeDBristol:

It’s Wincanton on Garanor Way. Get on the night trunking if you can, boring but easy. Typically up to Runcorn, up to Howden or over to Raunds, trailer swap and back. Mind you days aren’t much more difficult but there’s a fair bit more H&S you need to comply with which you’ll either be OK with or hate. Unfortunately annual sale is just ending so probably not a good time to apply. Typically if you’re wanting in there it needs to be in summer when they start ramping up the fleet for the sales period.

Thanks Conor, good info there. [emoji106]

WheelsofCardiff:
Have you tried Maritime. Most of my friends on agency are not getting any shifts its completely dead.

Thanks for that mate, I’ve seen them advertising on one job site.

I’ve since been offered work but I’ve got an assessment lined up somewhere else on Friday, fingers crossed it goes well and I get taken on. Decent pay, Monday to Friday, job and knock.

MikeDBristol:
14 years driving hgv, clean licence, full DCPC, experience with fridges, skellys, double deckers, curtainsides.

I’m currently signed up to three job sites, Reed, Total Jobs, Indeed and applied for about six jobs that would be suitable but I’ve had no replies back.

It’s the first time I’ve used job sites , is it common for them to not bother getting in touch?

I’m signed up to three agencies, none of them can offer full time work.

If anyone got any contacts for full time day work, Monday to Friday, agency or contract, any help would be great.

Our lot are looking for drivers at the Magor depot. E V Cargo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

pierrot 14:
So much for the rumours of

THERE’S A DRIVERS SHORTAGE !!!

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

AND !!

Apparently this is the busy BUSY part of the year, just before CHRIMBO !!

Nah, theres no shortage, it's just the quality thats the problem :unamused:

ATJT:

I’m working out of Rugby and my manager gets numerous phone calls every day from agencies trying to place drivers, normally at this time of year it’s all but impossible to get an agency driver in. I’ve not had a text message from an agency offering work for months. And really, we haven’t even started seeing the impact of interest rate rises yet.