I'm back....on the road again

…and on TNUK!

It’s been a while but some on here might remember me.

I’m out of “the job” now (left almost a year ago on an early retirement scheme), did a bit of office work for a mate’s newish car transport company but just couldn’t resist renewing the class 1 and getting back on the road. Now working for an international freight forwarding company near Wakefield, spare driver, no nights out, all decent wagons. Loving it so far, feels like I’m back to where I belong.

Welcome back Shrek. It’s in your blood I’m afraid, and there ain’t a cure.

the maoster:
Welcome back Shrek. It’s in your blood I’m afraid, and there ain’t a cure.

Thanks mate…I’ve always been happiest as a wagon driver and I’ve come full circle again. Them 17 years in the police were OK I suppose but I always felt like it’ wasn’t for me.

I wouldn’t say that I was happiest behind the wheel as that passed a long time ago, however being behind the wheel feels most natural tbh.

I took time out to go back to what I thought I loved the most a couple of years ago. Managed 10 months before the call brought me back. Being sat inside a workshop 8hrs a day looking out the window all summer and wishing I was outside didn’t help. Final nail in the coffin was doing onsite installations 3-4hrs driving away and enjoying the driving more than the job.

Hi & yep remember you

Did you get the back sorted form the bike

Bloody hell there’s a blast from the past. :smiley:

animal:
Hi & yep remember you

I did ta…knackered my ankle yesterday getting out of a 3.5t van of all things! :unamused: :laughing:

*sniffs
I’m not addicted to truck driving, honest guv,… I can give it up anytime and kick it the habit, and have no withdrawal symptoms.

Yeah sure you can :laughing:

Shrek:

animal:
Hi & yep remember you

I did ta…knackered my ankle yesterday getting out of a 3.5t van of all things! :unamused: :laughing:

Fractured my nickel & ruptured the Achilles in 2 places couple years back