I'm a numpty

Been on agency waiting for my new job to start and this week I forgot to take my digi card out when I finished my shift, didn’t even realise until I came in next morning and the card was still recording work.

Did printouts for day before and for midnight until my shift started at 5am. Wrote on the back what I did and luckily the lorry hadn’t been used for shunting.

Not worried in this country as I also have letter from wincanton stating what happened and I was on rest etc. Also spoke to vosa and they said no problem.

The issue I have is my new job starts Sunday and im back doing European, and I have first hand experience of how unforgiving the French can be.

So was just wondering if there was anything else I could do to cover my arse. I asked if vosa would stamp my printouts but they said no

As bad as the French can be, I think you will be alright as long as you keep the printouts with you. :fingers crossed smiley:

Take a phrase book with you and learn such phrases as - “I don’t mind which bunk I have, you choose” or " I would rather not pick the soap up if it’s all the same to you" and “But your name is Claude, why do you want me to call you Claudette at weekends?” :wink:

Yeah I think the phrase book might be a good idea, I will take my pink dress with me as well and call me shirely haha.

Coffeeholic:
Take a phrase book with you and learn such phrases as - “I don’t mind which bunk I have, you choose” or " I would rather not pick the soap up if it’s all the same to you" and “But your name is Claude, why do you want me to call you Claudette at weekends?” :wink:

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyway on a more serious note, what sort of fine am I looking at for this? I know my last firm was done 2250 euro because somebody had driven my truck with a faulty card, and it showed 30kms over a 10 hour period driven without a card, and when you looked at the computer it was obviously a fault as it was a few ks with it in then a few with it out etc. Tried explaining why would any driver keep taking his card out every few ks and then putting it back in but they weren’t interested. So this has me pretty worried I’m in for a massive fine if I get stopped

You’ve got printouts with the explanation written on them so you have not committed any offence. Don’t accept a fine, argue and ask to speak to the boss. Stand your ground and don’t back down and you will be fine, no pun intended.

Thanks mate, that’s what I was going to do, but didn’t think it would get me very far. If you don’t hear from me again send a search party to France to rescue me :slight_smile:

daleyboy:
Thanks mate, that’s what I was going to do, but didn’t think it would get me very far.

I have never paid a fine in France despite several attempts to nick me for non offences over the last 21 years. Each time I did as above and on every occasion they backed down.

Coffeeholic:

daleyboy:
Thanks mate, that’s what I was going to do, but didn’t think it would get me very far.

I have never paid a fine in France despite several attempts to nick me for non offences over the last 21 years. Each time I did as above and on every occasion they backed down.

Do as coffee says, as if you pay the fine and contest afterwards, the French often take YEARS to get cases to court for appeals. I think this is to deter appeals.