I'm a newbie, with some questions

Just, like to say, what a great site, and how far it has come since I last looked back in 2008, especially the LGV Training Tips.
About me. I am 34, have a wife and a baby girl 15 months old, currently work in an office as a food production planner, and have been doing for the last 8 years. Its always been an ambition of mine to become a lorry driver since I was 13 years old, but as I had no family doing this style of work, I thought I had no chance of getting into it. Back in 2008 I decided to get my class 1 and 2, and see if its possible to get some work. Well, I passed my Class 2 back in 2008, but unluckily failed my class 1, 9 faults in total and one major, mainly failed on gear changes and my exit at a round about was not prompt enough. I never took my retest as at the time I felt my instructor let me down, as on the way home from failing my test, he was explaining how I should smoothly change gear’s, which I felt should of been explained to me during my training, there was also some other things as well, but anyway that’s the past, looking towards my future.
I’m thinking of taking my class 1 with Apex in Peterborough, heard some good things about them from friends and on here. I just need to get some more cash together, so it will not be for a couple of months before I book my training.

I do have some questions, as I’m baffled about all this CPC stuff etc. So, I passed my class 2 back in 2008, what do I need to do to get through my class 1?

CPC bit is simple enough to answer. You were a vocational driver before 2009 so you only need to complete 5 x 7 hour modules by September 2014. The wise money is on not leaving it until the last minute when demand (and prices) are likely to be higher.

Good luck with it all.

Welcome :slight_smile:

Good luck with the class 1.

Hi.

Good luck with the Cat C+E Licence. :smiley:

Gareth

hi mate yep you got grandad rights on the DCPC till 2014 35hrs in thhe classroom 5x7hrs in a classroom or some courses count towards it also …ie Hiab. adr ECT …
Good luck with the CE training and test mate I know how it feels to fail that one 3 times on the same roundabout wrong lane :blush: .

Hi there jimmee!

Just like to wish you good luck when you get round to doing your C+E matey. I also failed a few times before eventually getting through, but keep at it.

All the best! :sunglasses: