illegal's

i heard today that the goverment are funding certain company’s in the uk to take on illegal drivers and paying them 200 quid a week.i could name a glasgow company on the south side who’s name was mentioned,but it was hearsay so i think i’d better keep it out of this thread as i don’t have confirmed proof of this.the driver i was speaking to said that this company was letting their own drivers go and taking on these illegal immigrants.
does anyone have anything on this or have heard of such company’s doing this in your area’s :question:

1st of all Illegal is exactly that illegal! Somehow I very much doubt our own government would be supporting any illegal activity (other than the ones we all don’t know about :wink: )

Now if you are talking about foreign migrants, that’s a whole different ball game the national minimum wage in this country is about £4.50 maybe more now, so I guess if it was happening then at the very least the national minimum wage would be met.

If I had a pound for all the crap stories that drivers have told me over the years I would be a multi millionaire.

Nothing wrong with employing foreign migrants as long as they are employed, with the same wage and conditions of the rest of the workforce and treat as a fellow driver. By employers and employees alike.

If I had a pound for all the crap stories that drivers have told me over the years I would be a multi millionaire

i thought you where already :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i know what you are saying tc and yes i have heard some rubbish over the years,but the company that he mentioned it would not surprise me if they did do it as they ain’t ones to abide by the same rules as you and i do :wink:

Smiths Of ■■■■■■■■■ have Russians and Lithuanians I know this for a fact they are in our place all the time!

Sounds much like a very familiar problem. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You Brits better get it under control quickly or all will be lost.

Good Luck :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

trashwagon:
Sounds much like a very familiar problem. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You Brits better get it under control quickly or all will be lost.

Good Luck :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

welcome to trucknetuk trashwagon

with our mr blair in charge i don’t think it will stop,anything to save paying the uk driver a descent wage/pay

Illegal Immigrants cant work for anyone, the name illegal immigrant prevents that, they wont have a valid passport or a driving licence so anyone who employs them are acting illegally too.

Lots of jobs for chinese cockle pickers.

Migrants who come to the UK looking for work are not illegal immigrants

Wheel Nut:
Migrants who come to the UK looking for work are not illegal immigrants

Depending on which country they come from (outside the EU etc) if they have permission to be here and how they came to be here.

Can anyone disagree with me when I say that the British government should be actually trying to help young people such as myself pay the daylight robbery that is the cost of a HGV licence instead of giving support of training accepted asylum seekers and the introduction of Polish drivers. True, in some areas you can get funding via the jobcentre, but that doesn’t go almost far enough.