Illegall immigrants in lorry a120/m11 services

Pulled into services on m11/ a120 junction and see a fridge lorry from spain with the police climbing around in back with torch. I thought it was probably to be with immigrants or controband. low and behold when i walked back to my lorry i saw 4 people being helped out the back and put in an unmarked car by police. THE driver looked like he was gonna cry.

How much trouble do you thinm this guy is gonna be in and whats likely to happen?

if the driver cant prove he took reasonable steps to stop the immigrants from getting on board he will face a £2,000 fine per head. :frowning:

bee chris:
if the driver cant prove he took reasonable steps to stop the immigrants from getting on board he will face a £2,000 fine per head. :frowning:

Seems a good enough reason to pull up in a layby & say c u lads rather than calling the police out, :exclamation:

Anyway I thought the BIB wouldn’t get involved just give them a card to call the Border agency when they open again Monday morning and off they go :smiling_imp:

Should be fairly straightforward to prove or disprove any security measures you took with a fridge.

This is how I got to England.

They must have climbed in at Dover would be my defence. :laughing:

^
what he said.

Kerbdog:
They must have climbed in at Dover would be my defence. :laughing:

That’s not as daft as it sounds. At least you can’t be done for facilitation of illegal immigrants.
They’d probably do you for not making them wear seatbelts or something daft like that.

I can only assume the driver phoned the law to do what he thinks is the right thing, But the reality is, He will be accused of bringing them in, Or at least conspiring to.
Drivers are easy prey.

I think he would only be fined if caught at port of entry. If you can get past the port, I don’t think the fines apply.

Otherwise the police would have to prove that he knowingly loaded them in while abroad.

Can’t believe anyone would stow away
In a fridge.

They’ve found people in tankers before now.

starfighter:
In a fridge.

I have 15 Illegals put In the back of my fridge trailer once while I was sleeping In Rouen (F) & I was heading South… :open_mouth:
Discovered them when I arrived at the client. They were gasping for breath…

I saw that. I was just getting ready to leave birchanger as they pulled in. It must have been the driver who rang them. Not like an arm can stick out the side of a fridge and start waving :smiley:

starfighter:
In a fridge.

Maybe they were Eskimos?

bigfoot:
Pulled into services on m11/ a120 junction and see a fridge lorry from spain with the police climbing around in back with torch. I thought it was probably to be with immigrants or controband. low and behold when i walked back to my lorry i saw 4 people being helped out the back and put in an unmarked car by police. THE driver looked like he was gonna cry.

How much trouble do you thinm this guy is gonna be in and whats likely to happen?

Well he was let on his way and parked around the corner. I was parked behind that in the Wisemen truck and watched a little bit of it. There were two PCSOs and two PC’s dealing with it. No doubt he would get reported, and so will his company to the border agency

SwedishSteel:
This is how I got to England.

Dont laugh, but we had an Iranian bloke from the agency last week working in the yard. He was openly boasting about how he came to the UK in the back of a truck. Described how he jumped a trailer on the move at Calais, how he set up a building business in Chingford and didnt pay any tax while it was running. And to cap it all marries an african-chinese woman with a British passport, and has now been granted British citizenship!

Those four in the trailer at Bishops Stortford Services will no doubt be working at Stansted airport in three days!

Twoninety88:
Those four in the trailer at Bishops Stortford Services will no doubt be working at Stansted airport in three days!

Yes. On passport control, questioning the likes of me and you as to where we’ve been and why we’ve been there, before allowing us back in to our own country or origin.

robinhood_1984:

Twoninety88:

Yes. On passport control, questioning the likes of me and you as to where we’ve been and why we’ve been there, before allowing us back in to our own country or origin.

That’d be about right, ■■■■■■ me right off when I come across them barking questions at me with no respect, but treat them the same and I’m a racist.

A few years ago I picked up an unaccompanied trailer that had been shipped to Le Harvre loaded with Coca Cola , on arrival at SuperU, Bordeaux they broke the seal and 15 blokes jumped out of the trailer, they had got into the trailer through the roof thinking the trailer was shipping to the Uk, they ended up further south than they had come from !

I remember an incedent several years ago now, either late 90s or early 2000s where a group of these ■■■■ roaches broke in to and hid inside a trailer near Ghent in Belgium, they presumed it was bound for the UK. How wrong they were…the trailer was on its way to Ghent to be sent by freight only ferry to Hamina in Finland which is very close to the Russian border. To say the before mentioned ■■■■ roaches were less than impressed was an understatement. I seem to remember the Finnish government requiring them to claim asylum there or face deportation to their country of origin. They had asked to be allowed to go baco to Belgium to try and get to the UK.