Illegal ?

I started at 0345 and finished at 1715 is this illegal ? 10hour work limit or some crap like that ? Cheers

Part timer mate, still got an hour and half left :slight_smile:

Seriously mate?

Smoggie89:
I started at 0345 and finished at 1715 is this illegal ? 10hour work limit or some crap like that ? Cheers

Starting at 03:45 you’re classed as a night worker, so unless there’s an opt out agreement in place it’s technically illegal to go over 10 hours working time.

But don’t worry about it, because you’re unlikely to get done for WTD infringements unless you’re involved in an accident or get prosecuted for some pretty serious tachograph offences.

Should of just started at 04.01 !! I’m sure Vosa will accept your ‘some 10hr crap’ though :wink:

even under night time rules you can still do a fifteen as long as you dont exceed 10 hours actual work ie minus your breaks ect off your working day

FarnboroughBoy11:
Part timer mate, still got an hour and half left :slight_smile:

Lol wanted to save a 10drive for Tomoz , off Friday don’t want them screwing me lol

Smoggie89:

How much working time (driving + other work) was done in that shift?

ROG:

Smoggie89:

8 hours 50 drive , not sure off top of my head with other work , I might just be over/under the 10 …

Smoggie89:

ROG:

Smoggie89:

8 hours 50 drive , not sure off top of my head with other work , I might just be over/under the 10 …

No worries mate - forget it and move on

ROG:

Smoggie89:

ROG:

Smoggie89:

No worries mate - forget it and move on

I will have gone over it but it’s done now oh well I’ll have to take it on chin and learn from it :slight_smile:

I thought mobile workers couldn’t opt out of WTD

Tipper Tom:
I thought mobile workers couldn’t opt out of WTD

Mobile workers can only opt out of the night time working limit of the RT(WT)R.

The reference period can be changed but no other part of the working time regulations for mobile workers can be opted out of.

Illegal ?

That’s a Poorly Bird isn’t it ?

Night work: if night work is performed, working time must not exceed 10 hours in any 24-hour period. Night time is the period between 00.00 and 04.00 for goods vehicles and between 01.00 and 05.00 for passenger vehicles. The 10-hour limit may be exceeded if this is permitted under a collective or workforce agreement