illegal or legal

Lets clear this up mon to fri five straight 12hour day shifts 0600 to 1800 sat start 1200 finish 0300 sun morning 15hour shift I think it’s illegal as your actually working 7 days right or wrong well people its over to you.

If your last shift finished before 06:00 Sunday morning you’re legal.

The way I understand is, The regs state 6x24 hour periods between weekly rest periods, that means, if you start 06:00 on Monday you must start you next weekly rest period no later than 06:00 Sunday.

I’ve just done something similar finished weekly rest at 13:30 on Saturday and started next weekly rest 11:40 on the following Friday. Got pulled for a tacho check in Spain today and all okay, so I assume that they agree with me. Which is bloody relief for my wallet. :laughing:

scally2:
Lets clear this up mon to fri five straight 12hour day shifts 0600 to 1800 sat start 1200 finish 0300 sun morning 15hour shift I think it’s illegal as your actually working 7 days right or wrong well people its over to you.

its legal.

Ok but what about the 3 hours your working on the sunday making it 7 days your actually working even though your finished befor 6.

It’s legal, and I sometimes work seven days in a row, e.g start Sunday 12:00, finish Saturday 11:00. It’s never flagged up as a infringement when I do the tacho analysis. In fact, you could legally work 7 days a week, 365 days a year if you finished at 01:00 every Saturday and started at 22:00 every Sunday evening.

Nowhere does it state in Regs that you cannot work 7 days, merely that you must have a weekly rest after 144 hours of duty time. It IS legal. You might not LIKE it, but that is a different matter…

Well, I think that’s cleared it up :sunglasses:

scally2:
Ok but what about the 3 hours your working on the sunday making it 7 days your actually working even though your finished befor 6.

Where do the regulations, laws, rules mention “days” with regard to how many you can work ? Or to put it another way, what is your interpretation of how long you can work before you need a weekly rest ?

scally2:

I think the confusion is the wording, it normally worded as 6 x 24 hours periods between weekly rests. This seems to be interpreted as 6 shifts. The easier way to understand it is a maximum of 144 hours between weekly rest periods.

muckles:

scally2:

I think the confusion is the wording, it normally worded as 6 x 24 hours periods between weekly rests. This seems to be interpreted as 6 shifts. The easier way to understand it is a maximum of 144 hours between weekly rest periods.

This ^^

You can go six 24 hour periods (144 hours) between weekly rest periods, you can do as many shifts as you can legally fit into the 144 hours between weekly rest periods, so what you want to do is legal.

If you start at 06:00 Monday after a weekly rest period you have to start a new weekly rest period no later than 06:00 Sunday.

You could legally do this every week

Start Sunday 10pm and finish Saturday 1am