Illegal importation

As a fellow trucker with many years experience under his belt, and having 40 years experience, with over 25 years international incl europe, middle east etc i can say that in all my years on the road i have never had any problems with drugs on board my vehicle…but that doesnt mean it couldnt happen, or that there wasn`t any…but reading all the stories about the different drivers who have been charged with importation/transportation and are innocent…i feel for them…and it got me thinking…how can we stop it…well i say we should campaign to bring back the old system of customs…getting sealed prior to leaving a country, and having seals checks on entry. perhaps you have all noticed how the drugs barrons are using the free market where lack of customs are attracting smugglers…of course there are drivers who are guilty of smuggling…and lets face it the money offered is a big temptation to some…but as i say…there has to be a document that could be printed…and signed…and faxed…stating there are no illegal substances on that vehicle…and that my friends would let exporters be more responsible for their goods and take the onus off of the driver…and leaving us to do the job we are paid for…transporting goods from a to B
what do you think
have a nice day…and a safe one…

I reckon thats a great idea TB, it is a bad crack when a driver is left so exposed by the law. A good idea, and needs letters sent!

I agree with you Bob, the job was certainly better when we had to clear customs and a strip out in Dover would catch the illegals or the smugglers.

The T Form system is fine for businesses but the onus is forced onto the driver. With a TIR carnet and the border checks it was easier to sleep safe, and to cancel now and again. EFES Control anyone?

How long is that Queue on the stairs■■?

EFES control Malc…and theres me thinking you were tea total…whatever next a glass of rakia :laughing: :laughing: